Gearknob mk5 - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Gearknob mk5

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Wes

Wes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all. Just picked up my deep blue pearl mk5. The gearknob could do with being refurbished. Any ideas on where to get it done ?

Forgot to add TPS no longer stock them and I can't find one anywhere. So restoration will be the only option.

Edited by Wes, 26 September 2020 - 06:38 PM.

• Wes likes this

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
If its the leather that's worn you can do it yourself with a restoration kit, very easy to do. Or do what I did and fit a mk6 or scirocco gearknob from ebay.

Wes

Wes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If its the leather that's worn you can do it yourself with a restoration kit, very easy to do. Or do what I did and fit a mk6 or scirocco gearknob from ebay.

Hi Chris am always up for updating the interior, was the mk6 or scirocco a direct fit?

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Scirocco r one is what I got, direct fit, guides on YouTube on how to change.
  • Wes likes this

Wes

Wes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Scirocco r one is what I got, direct fit, guides on YouTube on how to change.

I like the look of that. Do you by any chance have the part number lying around ?

Edited by Wes, 28 September 2020 - 08:06 PM.

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I don't sorry, I bought it from ebay in new condition about 5 years ago.
  • Wes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.