It's time to say goodbye - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

It's time to say goodbye

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
So after three years of caring ownership, I've decided that it's time to part ways and try something new.

My reflections on ownership, looking after them properly is a must and at a main dealer isn't cheap, but that was my choice. It's hard to give a fair opinion on reliability as I very rarely used it, but when I did it performed very well, inspired confidence in the drive and delivered many smiles per mile. The spec and comfort was outstanding, oozing that VW quality.

Do I regret buying a R32, absolutely not! Would I recommend owning one, sure, but keep on top of the maintanence or she'll punish you hard.

I have to say I did get abused by the dealer on the trade but, after receiving some outrageous contacts after advertising on our FB page, I decided it was the only way to go to maintain my sanity - shame really. This forum's been a great source of info and help, so thank you all who contribute. Keep up the good work.

Onwards to new wheels.

Attached Files

Edited by Dangerous Dave, 01 October 2020 - 08:37 PM.

• Tj0785 and illegalr32 like this

illegalr32

illegalr32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Thank you Dave for being one of caring fellow R32 owners! Many safe miles with your new toy biggrin.gif

Edited by illegalr32, 01 October 2020 - 06:57 PM.

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 690 posts
Sad to see you go, see you when you come back ;)

What are you moving on to?

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3304 posts
Sorry to see you are selling up..

Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Sorry to see you are selling up..

Aye, but I'm a fickle chap and it was time to treat myself to a new weekend toy. Shame it's going to a dealer but, cest-la-vie.

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Aye, but I'm a fickle chap and it was time to treat myself to a new weekend toy. Shame it's going to a dealer but, cest-la-vie.

What toy you getting, Iโ€™m looking to get rid of mine had it 3 years sounds great just a bit boring

Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

What toy you getting

Please don't roast me too bad ๐Ÿ˜”

Yes I know some of them have issues (but doesn't every car R32s included as I found out) but with the full SH and a main dealer warranty, I should be OK for a while.

Attached Files

• raiden, filbro and Tj0785 like this

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

That will do . Yep. Nice car . 

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Please don't roast me too bad ๐Ÿ˜”

Yes I know some of them have issues (but doesn't every car R32s included as I found out) but with the full SH and a main dealer warranty, I should be OK for a while.

. Yep Iโ€™m out aswell now after 3 years itโ€™s been a good car just needed a change and have jump ship to bmw 330d m performance sold the r32 to a mate
  • Dangerous Dave likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.