Mk4 Single DIN recommendations - In Car Entertainment - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Mk4 Single DIN recommendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Krankenshafter

Krankenshafter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

I pulled the OEM CD changer and head unit from my Mk 4.

Replaced it with a Pioneer unit with DAB, Bluetooth, phone connectivity etc. I like the functions, but the buttons etc are fiddly, display too small for me to see (nearly been in the hedge a few times because of this). Volume pot is too sensitive for the pot holed excuses for roads round here, plus the fact that its multi function means you go to turn it up / down, pot hole - press it by mistake and enter a menu system, squint at it to see what the hell is going on, hedge etc.

Any ideas on something a bit more OEM clunky plastic, volume knob that just goes up and down, simple clean display but with the functionality of new units - phone integration, bluetooth, and DAB? Don't need sat nav. 

I run amps in the boot and upgraded front and rear speakers. Occasionally pop a sub in the boot and pretend its the 90s.

Cheers - Chris.

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5437 posts
I've got a Sony xav 100.

It's a double din,
simple easy to navigate menu ,
big icons and has a volume knob.

No dab, but I believe they do a more expensive one that has dab.

I wanted dab but I don't think they had this one with dab when I got mine a few years back. But I use my phone to stream either via Bluetooth or connect it so the headunit becomes android auto (or apple carplay)

I can stream internet radio or Spotify , so the lack of dab is a small trade off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.