Replacing gearbox housing, please help - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing gearbox housing, please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ajt1991

ajt1991

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I'm replacing the housing of my drp gearbox as the half that mounts on to the chassis mount is damaged. I have a decent replacement for the housing and I've got the old housing off, but before I can attach the new half to the bell housing I need to remove bearings etc from the old housing and put them in my new one, however there are a few ball pins (if that's what they're called) and I can't figure out how to get them out, there's nothing but a metal cap on the outside of the case and there's nothing I can stick a socket, spanner or hex on - so I've got no idea how to get them out.

I've managed to get bearings out etc with a heat gun and some blind bearing pullers but yeah I've hit a wall now, and I don't want to damage them although I'm tempted to just get the angle grinder out.

I'll attach some photos and hopefully you can help me.

Attached Files

Edited by ajt1991, 10 October 2020 - 12:56 PM.

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

No idea. But could this video be helpful=

https://www.youtube....h?v=BpYVpytnqVk

G60Dub

G60Dub

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

No idea but you are aware that you'll have to reset the preloads for the input/output shafts and diff bearings?

This requires shimming the bearing races and measuring running torque as per guidlelines set out in ELSA

Edited by G60Dub, 15 October 2020 - 11:49 AM.

Bora R32 More-Commotion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.