Top Mounts which ones - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Top Mounts which ones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

B4DVW

B4DVW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationWest London
So long story short

I’ve got Powerflex black edition top mounts on my MK4 currently and find them way to hard for daily use, they were I’m on the KWs I purchased a while ago and I never changed them, I’m looking to go back to an OEM set up but read a few conflicting opinions so thought I would ask on here:

I’ve looked at three options but don’t know what my best option would be,
1. Should I fit Genuine OE mounts (easiest option)
2. Cuppa R mounts and bearings (Are these harder than the above OE mounts if so by how much)? I really would like a bit of comfort back!
3. ECP lemforder ones (Seen these and with the discount code seem pretty cheap, are they ok to use)? Read in a few places that they are OEM Equivalent

Thank you

HOMEGROWN

German ONLY Car Meet

Beaconsfied Services - off Jct3 M40 - Last Friday of the month - 7pm onwards

Grey R32 centre consoles- grey 3door mats for sale - PM me

Brother Moses

Brother Moses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
TTRS oem mate.

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5437 posts
I recently fitted cupra r ones to replace my 12 years old OEM ones which are also fitted to kw V3.

The new cupra ones felt good straight after , much less crashy feeling. Which meant my OEM ones were well past it.

On another note. If you raise the suspension height up on the KW v3 you will find the ride is much much better than when it's low. But of course it won't look as cool. But it will ride well and still handle well

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

On another note. If you raise the suspension height up on the KW v3 you will find the ride is much much better than when it's low. But of course it won't look as cool. But it will ride well and still handle well

x 2. I had KW V3 on my mk4, and raised it maximum of what was recommended by KW on the front (still lower than stock) - and the back little bit lower compared to front. The ride was amazing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.