Best upgrades - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Best upgrades

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Danvw

Danvw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi all,

bit of a random topic but what are the best modifications to do to a mk5 R32, it has around 120K on the clock and i want to turn it into a bit of a weapon if i'm honest as its a second car.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3304 posts
All depends on your definition of a weapon!!ie speed then either super charge it or turbo it wish Rishworth performance or stealth racing are your choice
Stance wise is Coil overs or lowering springs.
Exhaust..lucifier a member on here who sells them or scorpion or milltek exhausts

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationHull
5k to turbo or supercharge it. And it will still get done by a chipped 420d Save ur money and enjoy the sound. They aren’t fast by any account now Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Tj0785 likes this

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

Start with suspension. Then brakes. Tyres are important. When you can corner and stop, decide how much faster you want to go. 

• Tj0785 and P19_MUF like this

Tj0785

Tj0785

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
Definitely not the fastest just sold mine and bought a bmw 330d miles better inside, a lot quicker but I don’t half miss the sound of the r32

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19293 posts

Start with suspension. Then brakes. Tyres are important. When you can corner and stop, decide how much faster you want to go.

Sound advice.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3304 posts

Sound advice.

x2

Danvw

Danvw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

cheers guys,

it already has, bc racing coilovers, fast road pads, forge air filter and a milltek cat back. so essentially save my money as thats as fast as its going to go with out spending 5K plus on it. 

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2905 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

cheers guys,

it already has, bc racing coilovers, fast road pads, forge air filter and a milltek cat back. so essentially save my money as thats as fast as its going to go with out spending 5K plus on it. 

There's still improvements that can be done that doesn't cost the earth (£5K).
Lol.
Get some work done on the Head.
Port n Polish, Get some Cams thrown in at same time. (2nd hand set if your lucky).
Or keep your original cams.
A decent map, The car will feel Soooooooooooooooooooooo different.

I done it on my Mk4 with standard cams.
Another 32 Mk4 owner had done the same as me with Cams.
We both made a difference.
I made 282, and matey made 291.

Mj

Edited by MJVR6, 27 October 2020 - 12:19 PM.

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

I would not dispute for the moment the benefit of head work, cam upgrade and some consequent adjustments to fuelling and ignition  ai a rolling road session. However, done well, the above work in not cheap. Looks as if you have suspension and brakes ticked off so more performance is a logical move. Brand new Rotrex supercharger on Facebook with its fitting kit at £2800.

• MJVR6 likes this

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2905 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

I would not dispute for the moment the benefit of head work, cam upgrade and some consequent adjustments to fuelling and ignition  ai a rolling road session. However, done well, the above work in not cheap. Looks as if you have suspension and brakes ticked off so more performance is a logical move. Brand new Rotrex supercharger on Facebook with its fitting kit at £2800.

Cheaper than £5K mate.
Upgraded Cams is not a must, with standard it still makes a difference.

Mj

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.