New MK5 DSG owner UK - Welcome to the R32 Owners Club - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

New MK5 DSG owner UK

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jonny...

Jonny...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I've just created an account after lurking for a few months before eventually buying. I'm up North in England and I just purchased a lovely 2005 Black 3 Door DSG, I have 2 questions which would be great if you could provide me with some advice/knowledge. First off I need an aux, I have no sat nav so it looks to be just the CD player, how have others gone about doing this? Secondly I have just noticed now, sat in the R32 alone for the first time, 24 hours after buying and I'm noticing the car shakes quite abit almost like a muscle car when sat idle, is this normal? I have to wait 4 weeks for my mechanic to have a once over so I'm really just looking for anything you want to share that could be useful to know. Otherwise the car drives great... though 14mpg yikes, It's already drank £60. First time with a DSG and it's fantastic all my worries have gone away, S and D are two different beasts one doesn't change unless I basically redline and the other is rapid into 6th at 30! It's awesome! Thanks

Edited by Jonny..., 27 October 2020 - 11:00 PM.

• Jonny... likes this

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3302 posts

welcome to the forum am near scotch corner  if you are any where near me...The engine should be pretty smooth on tick over so its poss you have a plug or coil lead on its way out so maybe you need to get it scanned--glad your enjoyin the car and yes they like fuellol.gif

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 690 posts
Welcome to the OC! They do like a drink but 14 sounds on the low side. What's the revs on idle?

ChrisGR32

ChrisGR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

How to install an AUX lead.

• Jonny... likes this

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7273 posts
  • LocationCullompton Devon

Welcome to OC :)

820 bhp turbo Mk4 Golf R32. Still wanting more power . 
MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

Jonny...

Jonny...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey thanks alot, This will come in handy! Any idea about rocking when idle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.