P0102 and P0113 (And identifying MAF age) - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

P0102 and P0113 (And identifying MAF age)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SkoomaD

SkoomaD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hi Guys,

Chasing a fault or faults with my Mk5 R32 that I think are electrical gremlins. I've replaced the timing chains and the VVT solenoids for a short while all seemed well. However recently the car started complaining about the cooling fan and then also threw some codes P0102 and P0113.

It went for it's MOT and failed due to emission's but they managed to get it past by taking out for a drive as it hadn't done much running around for a few months. I suspected battery based on this and as when I took it out the day before the MOT I turned on my heated seat and that seemed to cut the car out! I've replaced the battery now anyway as it was tired and the only codes I'm seeing now that are repeatable are these relating to P0102 and P0113. The symptoms aside from the codes are just slightly rough running and idling. 

I'm suspecting loom or MAF itself. Usually i'd just buy a new MAF and see if it sorts the issue but I'm not sure if the previous owner replaced it and I don't want to throw another £100 away on something that might not be the cause. I see some stamping on the body of the MAF 32/06 3A and I'm wondering if this is 32nd week of 2006 perhaps? If it were the case I think a replacement might be a good start but not sure if there's another way to identify if its original to the car or at least older than last few years.

Cheers.

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

I also by coincidence saw I had the P0102 code. Changed the MAF to the same Bosch 07D906461 which was on the old one. No codes came back for a long time. But now suddenly I have all these;

Address 01: Engine       Labels: 022-906-032-BDB.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 022 906 032 CD    HW: 000 000 000 00
  Component and/or Version: MOTRONIC ME7.1.1G   7802
           Software Coding: 0000172
            Work Shop Code: WSC 01279 785 00200
                      VCID: 4FFB8E22BBDDCC339B9-801A
4 Faults Found:

000258 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) 
               P0102 - 002 - Signal too Low - Intermittent
000104 - MAP/MAF <-> Throttle Position Correlation 
               P0068 - 002 -  - Intermittent
008584 - Bank 1; System too Rich at Idle 
               P2188 - 002 -  - Intermittent
008592 - Bank 2; System too Rich at Idle 
               P2190 - 002 -  - Intermittent

But no engine light. Normal idle, as far as I can see normal fuel consumption.  So I don't really worry to much about this as long as the car run perfectly normal. 

Here's a video if you want to get deeper into checking if your MAF really is the problem before changing it=

https://www.youtube....h?v=GQLWeWWMxkc

SkoomaD

SkoomaD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hmm, maybe it's worth replacing.

I'm actually going to take to an auto electrician on Friday see what they think. Be interesting to see if their diagnosis will be the same. I just don't trust dealerships as they just like throwing new parts at stuff until the whole engine has been replaced.

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Hmm, maybe it's worth replacing.

I'm actually going to take to an auto electrician on Friday see what they think. Be interesting to see if their diagnosis will be the same. I just don't trust dealerships as they just like throwing new parts at stuff until the whole engine has been replaced.

This is what my old MAF looked like if that helps in any way, it was the original from 2005/2006.

Bosch.jpg

I did a Throttle Body Alignment through vcds, and now my fault codes has not come back (as of yet), so hopefully that sortet it and the fault was in fact my MAF. 

lee005

lee005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

I had some similar problems with my car it turned out to be 2 things

1/ the fuse for the MAF had blown and it was some random fuse in the engine bar not the one of the fuse diagram said was the MAF fuse.

2/ i pulled out my camshaft position sensors cleaned them up and that sorted my rough running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.