PCV Valve in the rocker cover BFH code...help pls - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

PCV Valve in the rocker cover BFH code...help pls

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ALB-R32

ALB-R32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Good evening all, I have 2004 Golf R32 BFH engine code, I'm having PCV valve problems, I have already currently replaced the air intake pipe PCV valve, my mechanic has said we need to replace the PCV valve in the rocker cover.
Unlike other 3.2 R32 engines I'm struggling to find a repair kit to replace the PCV valve in the rocker cover for my engine code (BFH).
Can anyone help with this?

This post is linked to ‘ MK4 R32 down on power, manifold ballooning, help please’

Many thanks

AB

kgw

kgw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Try here:

https://vanos-bmw.co...429d-3-6-fsi-v6

fsi-36-32-1.jpg

• ALB-R32 likes this

HPA DSG tune, UM ecu tune, Shrick 268/264 cams, Tarox 6-pot/discs

DubNurd

DubNurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationWhangarei, NZ

The MK5 has the PCV pressure regulating diaphragm in the rocker cover and the outlet is connected to the vacuum side of the throttle body.

the MK4 is on the "atmospheric" side of the throttle body, and doesn't have the diaphragm. It just has a basic oil separation system in the rocker cover (glorified pot scrubber to condense the vapours). There may be a leak somewhere though.

Did you replace the entire external pipe? There is a valve is the little crossover pipe.

• ALB-R32 likes this

Allan

My non-Golf .:R32
29361330218_1f724845b0_o.jpg

ALB-R32

ALB-R32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated! 

so no need to hunt for something that doesn’t exist ( the pcv valve in rocker cover I mean)

I’ll check out those pipes when I have a minute. 

The rear exhaust is blowing a little ( corrosion and unfixable really) would this have anything to do with my issues of a flat spot around 2500/3000rpm?

She likes this cold weather from start and then the flat spot appears again when warm....lasts a few miles

Many thanks

AB

kgw

kgw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Always learn by coming to the aficionados watering holes wink.gif

HPA DSG tune, UM ecu tune, Shrick 268/264 cams, Tarox 6-pot/discs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.