DSG / Haldex, What sounds are normal? - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

DSG / Haldex, What sounds are normal?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Jonny...

Jonny...

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So I've owned the car for 3 weeks and clocked 2k miles, I've noticed a few noises that are rather annoying me. I can hear the downshift from second to first, it's still a smooth shift but i can hear a sort of stacking sound?? Like a shotgun reload but it's quiet. Sometimes on a hill the car will kind of roll back and if i accelerate quickly before the clutch drives me it will "judder" and go normally, again it's still very smooth and doesn't appear to be any faults with traction (thoroughly tested). I get a little annoying rattle coming from the top engine bay passenger side, it knocks maybe 5/6 times and buggers off till I'm next idle and does it all over again, if I stay idle for 5 minutes it will rattle away again eventually only 5/6 times. I have to wait till after the lockdown for my mechanic to look at it. Otherwise it drives great, smooth gears, plenty traction. Any ideas what the noises are? What noises are common and normal??? Thanks this place is great!

kingswood

kingswood

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • LocationHull

ive only done 2k in the year!

listen to some youtube videos of the 'rattle' the engines make.

when was the DSG fluid last changed? be about a ton to change and be the first place to start if u think theres an issue. these boxes are 15 years old now so no where near as smooth as the ones in new metal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.