Stuttering at high revs - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Stuttering at high revs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cascade20

cascade20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Pulls fine all through the rev range but gets to around 6,000 and starts to stutter. If I keep my foot planted it will continue to stutter but evenually get to the limiter at ~7250 (set by Stealth after remap). Isn't the same each time, sometimes the stutter will start at 6,000 and other times it may not begin to stutter until 6,500 or 6,750.

Any ideas? No stuttering at any RPM below this and has only started in the past week. Remap was 2 or 3 years ago so nothing to do with this but odd it is only stuttering at high RPM. Usually would rev cleanly all the way through to 7,250+.

No EML light on and otherwise is performing fine, not down on power or anything. Anything obvious to check or is it something for the garage to plug in and see if anything flags up?

Thanks and Merry Christmas all

cascade20

cascade20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Does anyone have any ideas? I only had new spark plugs 4k ago so doubtful it’s those. Do the symptoms sound like it could be coil pack?

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5464 posts
Coil packs sound like an obvious place to start looking. Best bet would be to get vagcom (vcds) plugged in and look for misfires logged by the ECU.
  • cascade20 likes this

DubNurd

DubNurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWhangarei, NZ

Check the fuel pressure and flow. The pump may not be able to keep up at high loads, or the filter. regulator may be an issue.

If you look at the measuring blocks in VCDS, you may be able to see an issues, such as running lean at high RPM etc.

Allan

My non-Golf .:R32
29361330218_1f724845b0_o.jpg

cascade20

cascade20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Thought I would update this with what the issue turned out to be. It turned out to be the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. It was the only thing that showed on VCDS and the car seems to now run fine after having a replacement sensor fitted. Can these sensor's just go bad and die over time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.