My mk5 r32 wont start - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

My mk5 r32 wont start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BratsvtR32

BratsvtR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been on many forums and can't quite get the answers I need. Here's my problem. When I turn on my ignition I get no power to anything. The only power I have is my inside and outside light, including my hazard light. My door lock switch from in side the car works. Also my key fob works to. I tried to run my Vag com cable but it won't read do to no power to the ecu but I do have power from my odb2. Then come to find out. My girlfriend needed my car to move but didn't know how to jump start my car. She had a neighbor look at it and tried to jump start my car. The ground on the ground post but the positive wire went to the middle red wire on the fuse box next to the wire with an 80 amp fuse. My guess is, it must be some kind of relay that powers everything but im not sure where its located. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19321 posts
All I can suggest is you check all the fuses located in the engine bay and and the ones in the boot on top of the battery.

Bit late now but there is a positive terminal with a plastic cover over it in the engine bay which should be used to jump start the car. The negative can connect to a convenient ground such as a nearby bolt.

Edited by cuprabob, 02 January 2021 - 03:35 PM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

BratsvtR32

BratsvtR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I checked everything out. The only wire I'm missing power form is the middle red wire. Would you know where it comes from

Attached Files

DubNurd

DubNurd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWhangarei, NZ

Check the fuses etc in the boot. There are fuses, but also the pyrotechnic battery disconnect module.

Allan

My non-Golf .:R32
29361330218_1f724845b0_o.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.