Reversing camera fitting - In Car Entertainment - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Reversing camera fitting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Can anyone recommend someone to fit a Mk6 reversing camera(badge type) to my Mk5. I'm based in Herts the closer the better but not essential the quality of the work is most important thing. I would be happy to pay a forum member to do the work.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3336 posts
Vw retro fit
https://www.vw-retrofit.co.uk/

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Thanks for the link Andy, I will definitely contact them. They are 2 hour from me and I assume its not a job they will do while I wait so it would be handy if I could find someone closer. I'm not discounting them though.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3336 posts
I have been looking at them to do the same mod and want it ďoing with the mk5 rear camera so it fits flush with the boot not sure if the mk6 is the same badge

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Is hazzydayz in st Albans near you? They do retrofits.

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Never heard of them but I'm 15 minutes from St Albans so will check them out, thanks

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Just been on hazzydayz website and to supply and fit its £1074

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3336 posts
I got quoted £520 of the link I put up

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Is that suppy of all components and fitting or fitting a kit you supply?
I have just checked out a few other UK sites and the price you quoted seems to be around the price people are asking for just the camera kit. Another company satnav systems are quoting pretty much the same as hazzydayz to supply and fit. If the quote you have had is suppy and fit then it would definitely be worth the 4 hour round trip.

Edited by P19_MUF, 07 January 2021 - 09:03 AM.

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Just been in touch with vw-retrofit and got the same quote of £520 to supply and fit and it will take approximately 2 hours. I'm going to call them, still a bit miffed as to how they can be so much cheaper. Worth the round trip.

Edited by P19_MUF, 07 January 2021 - 09:49 AM.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3336 posts
Yep it's surprising but be interested also and going to get mine done by them

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Alex has plenty of good reviews for his work and one if the most common comments is how good his prices are. There are two types of camera, highline(bendy parking lines) and lowline(static lines) so I expect for the price it's a lowline, which I'm OK with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.