Mk5 R32 steering wheel not locking and fob problem - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Mk5 R32 steering wheel not locking and fob problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Squid1

Squid1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay I have a 2009 mk5 r32, left work today no problem, went to a family member house to help her, turn the car off wouldn't lock with the fob so done it manually, thought nothing of it her area does that sometimes. Leaving unlocked it manually struggled to start, got home turned her off steering wheel didnt lock MFD and sat nav (RNS510) stayed on, try starting the car again nothing jumped it drove to my garage about 2 miles to get my battery charger and volt meter got home, charging at 13.89v on idle switched off 12.86v, the steering still wouldn't lock the sat nav and MFD where on car wouldn't lock with fob,turned satnav off, the MFD finally went out after 40mins volts have gone down to 12.48v, I've disconnected the battery hoping everything will reset itself.

Anyone had this before or any ideas?
I'm thinking that the ring about the barrel is telling the electrical steering the key is in the ignition (why it won't lock with the fob), you can turn it its heavy but not incredible heavy.

Squid1

Squid1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Fixed, the steering lock in the barrel got stuck, a little bit of break cleaner, and a little bit of maintenance spray, turn the key in the ignition a few times, should fix it if not give it a few taps with a light hammer

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3346 posts
Glad you got it sorted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.