Front Brake options for Mk5 - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Front Brake options for Mk5

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

rusty_uk

rusty_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hi all

Looks like im going to need a new set of front disks and pads soon.  Im sure that this has been answered a thousand times before here, but I couldn't find anything recent.

Anyone got any recommendations/part numbers that I could look at.  Probably go to euro car parts since they seem to have a sale on. Which is unusual ;)

I'm not a boy racer so don't need race pads or anything.  Just whatever is standard these days.

Thanks

Rusty

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5464 posts
If you aren't a racer then go for

Pagid pads and discs

Or ATE

Both of which are OEM brands for VW R32

rusty_uk

rusty_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Thanks for the reply.  Looking at the eurocar parts site, they have several options for both pads and discs for my reg.  Any idea which to go for?

Discs

Pads

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5464 posts
You should do a live chat with them. They will confirm the correct information

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

For the discs, 345x32mm  with a height of 48mm . PCD is 112x5 with 14mm bolt holes and a centre bore of 66mm ( or is it 65.8mm ) Anyway , if they match those dimensions, they will fit. Next, go for coated ones. They are a bit more expensive but worth it. The uncoated ones rust for England . As for pads, I like Mintex 1144 but frankly as we R32 owners have brake  servos about the size of dustbins , I would just get a set from a reputable brand 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.