which coil pack? - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

which coil pack?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kingswood

kingswood

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1010 posts
  • LocationHull

cars starting to cost money :-/

had the aux belt and pulls done so took her on a decent drive yesterday and the rev counter is stuttering under  load and can feel the engine hesitating.

last time this happened it misfired and EML lite up. was a misfire in cylinder one when coded. so reset the codes and had new plugs fitted as part of a service. 

all ok until yesterday. assume its the coil pack again as everything else is ok. could just replace coil one but I suppose the rest may not be far behind and I suppose its only money :-(

which ones shall I buy? seems to be a big price difference online at different places

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5484 posts
I'd only suggest OEM , but they are like £50 quid each. That recent hot engine you had probably was enough to bake the coil over the edge.
  • MJVR6 and kingswood like this

ChrisR32Blue

ChrisR32Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
I've had similar before, replaced the coil only to find it was the spark plug.
If it's been a while I'd think about replacing them first. Mine were just over 30k miles old, think they are recommended to be changed every 40k.

kingswood

kingswood

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1010 posts
  • LocationHull

cheers for the replies. shall I just change bank one and see how it get on?can get the £43 each with mates ups discount. will end up being £300 fitted at mates rates.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3414 posts
Scan it and change that one for now then do the rest but that is just me

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

cheers for the replies. shall I just change bank one and see how it get on?can get the £43 each with mates ups discount. will end up being £300 fitted at mates rates.

Do it yourself, 5min job mate.

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

G60Dub

G60Dub

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Beru and Bosch coils are both fine. if shopping about should be able to get a set of six for about £180-£190.

Bora R32 More-Commotion

kgw

kgw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I've been running a set of Denso coils in the vr6...no problems. 

HPA DSG tune, UM ecu tune, Shrick 268/264 cams, Tarox 6-pot/discs

kingswood

kingswood

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1010 posts
  • LocationHull

2f84299e6e1f29f6cb6d180b698292cd.jpg Plot thickens.

Took the car to my mates to get the codes read.

Turns out to be then G28 sensor :-/

Doin some reading seems to be a ‘go to’ code for the car which covers a few things.

Easy enough to change according to a few posts.

And £22 from europarts. So will get round to changing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kingswood, 18 February 2021 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.