Golf r32 mk5 itch is about to get scratched, in dire need of some help - Welcome to the R32 Owners Club - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Golf r32 mk5 itch is about to get scratched, in dire need of some help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Musse

Musse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSweden

Hi! 

New member and first time poster. I currently drive a Golf mk7 1.6tdi 4motion, but I´m looking to trade it in for a Golf r32 mk5.

Going for a test drive in one this weekend and I´m kind of worried. They recently did a big service of everything except the haldek. But it has 21500 mil (215000 km or 133594 miles) and that makes me worried.

I have watched heaps of videos and read a ton about what to look out for. But I feel there is a lack of info about high mileage golf r32 mk5s. The timing chain is one of the things that scare me and I dont have access to a VCDS/Vagcom thingy.

I have written down a 3 page list (on paper) for things to check for, but any help is appreciated!

So, anyone have any words of wisdom?

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3414 posts
If you buy it from a garage ask them for proof

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19347 posts
Welcome to the forum...
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Welcome.
There are many variables to take into account when buying any car, millage being just one, but many people are too hung up on the mileage of a car when buying. You could buy a car with half that mileage and it could be complete piece of you know what and cause you one expensive ball ache after another, because its been neglected. I would sooner buy a higher mileage car that been loved and maintained than a low mileage car that's been neglected. Check the service history, do an Mot check that can can give you a clue about previous owners maintenance regime, does it have a nice pile of receipts showing the maintenance history If you are still worried get a mechanic to go through the car, the AA & RAC offer such a service. If you are still that concerned walk away.

Edited by P19_MUF, 19 February 2021 - 10:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.