Dealer window stickers - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Dealer window stickers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Richyo

Richyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello! Bit of a daft question but...I’ve spent a bit of time getting my mk5 R32 nice and detailed. It’s getting there but I have a rather annoying issue - the dealer sticker on the rear window! Due to age the sticker itself has become almost brittle and so can’t be peeled off. I’ve been scraping the bits I can get at, between the heating elements, but it’s a long and seemingly pointless job! I can’t get the thing off! Does anyone have any tips or tricks to try? I’ve tried all sorts from fairy liquid to wd40 and nothing seems to soften the thing! Any advice is appreciated ^_^

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3414 posts
A good tar and glue remover like Tardis

Richyo

Richyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi Andy - thanks! I would never have thought to look for such a thing!
I’ll get some and report back

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2185 posts
I've used white spirit and elbow grease before

Nick-ST

Nick-ST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationIpswich

Would a bit of heat help? 

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5484 posts
TARDIS , autosmart branded tar and glue remover.

It should melt the sticker off.

Try not to get any splashed onto any plastic trim as it dries plastic and leaves it a bit white looking

And try not to scrape or rub the heated rear lines , they are easily permanently damaged !

Richyo

Richyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi everyone, thanks for the tips - tardis it is! I’ll get some from halfords this afternoon. I can say that heat definitely helps! I started this work last summer and it was super hot in my car which did seem to help a bit. I’ve probably spent about 3 hours so far trying to remove this sticker and have successfully removed probably less than 1mm^2! I’m hoping the tardis will be successful - I’ll report back later with any results! Thanks guys, your advice is much appreciated! If anyone is near Newcastle feel free to come have a look - the car is nice and shiny with carnauba wax as of yesterday!

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5484 posts
You won't find TARDIS in Halfords , but they will have various other brands of tar/bug/glue remover

Richyo

Richyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
You’re right gti fly, no tardis in halfords. They have an autoglym version which, by all accounts, isn’t as good. Hopefully it’ll be enough to remove this sticker though (it really does get my ocd going whenever I notice the horrible thing!)

Racky

Racky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationN London

If you are in N-E London, I can help you with some tardis.

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

Nail polish remover works to get all sticky residue off, weaker version of Acetone which does the same thing available in your local chemist.

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

MJVR6

MJVR6

• Members
  • 2948 posts
  • LocationHerts/NWLondon

If you are in N-E London, I can help you with some tardis.

N/E London, Oi Oye!!
I use to be in N/W.

MJ

<p>BBS Bits n Pieces *CLICKHERE*
MJVR6Insta: @DjMj73
H&R Suspension parts/BBS Alloy supplier. Custom Mats all VAG via 'JustMatz/TorquePartz'
'Built Not Bought'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.