2015 golf r with pano roof ,got a leak! - Golf R Corner - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo

2015 golf r with pano roof ,got a leak!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

fishyjack

fishyjack

Shiver Me Timbers

• Members
  • 994 posts
Hi all,recently I’ve noticed a small leak that drips off the bonnet release handle after washing the car or rain.I’ve got limited knowledge on cars but I did take the cover off the side of the dashboard on the drivers side and you can see it’s been coming in there.all sunroof drains are running clear.any ideas please
Rgds jack

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19372 posts
I would check where the cable passes through the bulkhead and the seal / grommet is intact. It's also worth checking that the drainage path is clear on the driver's side scuttle area.

Edited by cuprabob, 07 March 2021 - 05:01 PM.

VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

fishyjack

fishyjack

Shiver Me Timbers

• Members
  • 994 posts
Cheers bob!!
Long time no speak, yes the drain from sunroof runs clear I tipped a jug of water down each one to eliminate that. Then waited 10 mins to make sure it wasn’t tracking down after a few mins.next I tried the windscreen but nothing leaked.it seems to be when I spray water on the roof but the drains are clear.it’s gonna have to be a visit to a garage tomorrow

fishyjack

fishyjack

Shiver Me Timbers

• Members
  • 994 posts
Sorry yes I’ve checked scuttle drain also, more I think about it I t could be the windscreen

fishyjack

fishyjack

Shiver Me Timbers

• Members
  • 994 posts
Quick update guys.local garage found a leak in front windscreen,drivers side .its original screen so?????
Even the guys at autoglass were surprised it started leaking after no problems since 2015.anyway it’s been removed and resealed so all sorted.I hope!!😀

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19372 posts
Glad it was a relatively easy fix.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.