Wanted OEM 2008 R32 springs - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Wanted OEM 2008 R32 springs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

V6_Matt

V6_Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Wanted: oem springs for a 2008 car.

Currently lowered on H&R and just a bit to low for me. Have looked at other options such as VWR and eibach but am thinking the best thing Just to put back to standard.

Have been advised by mechanic any springs other than oem will sit unevenly so am after an original VW set.

Cash or PayPal. Please PM or reply if you can help!
Thanks

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have just(couple of weeks ago) fitted the vwr springs with standard dampers and couldn't be happier. Really subtle drop. I didn't want a big drop, looks just right , drives great. Feels a touch firmer without compromising comfort.

Edited by P19_MUF, 14 March 2021 - 12:05 PM.

V6_Matt

V6_Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for the that. I ended up parking next to an 06 plate at the supermarket Yesterday and realised how low H&R look, handling Is good but too low. Was nervous about any lowering springs in general but people have said vwr is max 15mm, H&R is more like 35mm!

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yeah the vwr are sold as 10mm front and 15mm rear and going by the drop I have ended up with i would say those are accurate figures

Edited by P19_MUF, 14 March 2021 - 01:17 PM.

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3461 posts
20201019-175944.jpg

This is mine on h&r springs and don't have any issues with speed bumps etc

kingswood

kingswood

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationHull

just re-done all mine, there's a post on here with the numbers from tps.

I wldnt bother using second hand. its the labour and hassle that's expensive

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Speed bumps are the least of my concerns. Mines my daily and gets used for 1 week+ camping trips. So gets packed to the roof and has a fully loaded roof rack so I cant be too low or it probably wouldn't move off the spot.

V6_Matt

V6_Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I may consider vwr if it really is a mild drop. The reason I was trying to source some good used springs was the quotes i received, approx £550 vwr fitted with wheel alignment. Oem VW springs the quote was £1100 total!

P19_MUF

P19_MUF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I will get some pics up tomorrow (if my simple old brain will allow)

Cheech

Cheech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

@V6_MATT pm sent 

Cheech  ph34r.png

kingswood

kingswood

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationHull

I may consider vwr if it really is a mild drop. The reason I was trying to source some good used springs was the quotes i received, approx £550 vwr fitted with wheel alignment. Oem VW springs the quote was £1100 total!

Someone’s having a laugh at them prices

TPS prices below.

a73a13e732b31d6d3524b1da6ef99f38.jpg6d9ad73cb51480a78fdfecc5c1037258.jpg3b4d88095b7a6c23f10db3eb18421ce4.jpg

Don’t forget to see what colour code your springs are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R32MC

R32MC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

@V6_MATT

I have recently had KW coilovers fitted to my 08 R32 and have the old OEM springs and dampers if you are interested. They had been on the car since registration so getting on a little but still in reasonable condition.

V6_Matt

V6_Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for all the help. I am just waiting for my garage to open up for "non essential repairs" then can get it booked in and some springs sorted. Approx £400 with wheel alignment not including springs.

Cannot seem to get VW original springs for less than £100 a corner anywhere so will have to look at some Vwr springs or the kind offers on here for used original springs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.