R32 MK5 full suspension replacement - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

R32 MK5 full suspension replacement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rocky_MK5R32

Rocky_MK5R32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

just wanted to know if the price i have been quoted is fair, as i feel like it to too much.

the work which needs to be done is full suspension, bushes and lock carrier. 

the quote was upwards of £3000  

VelovetAndy

VelovetAndy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire

I assume that the garage have provided a full list of parts, which will include front and rear dampers, damper top mounts , front and rear antiroll bar drop links, and then the full set of suspension bushes. At the rear that will be two ARB mounts, four lower wishbone , 8 tie bar bushes and two trailing arm bushes . Added to this lot will be a full set of replacement bolts. At the front , assume lower ball joint, ARB bushes(2) 2 x front wishbone bushes and two rear wishbone bushes, again with a full set of bolts . All this assumes that wheel bearings are in good shape, ditto drive shafts and their boots . I imagine that all the above , if sourced via VW will probably be well over £1500, also assumimg that your springs are o.k . Changing all those bushes is hard work. Frankly, a complete new set of rear suspension arms , complete wit all their bushes from somewhere like GSF or AUTODOC will cost around £250. That may be much more cost effective as it saves hours of labour taking out the old bushes and replacing with new . Ditto for the front wishbone and rear bush. 
It might pay you to do a little searching on the internet to source all the relevant items and see what they add up to. Vag bolts are not cheap. You will spend at least £150 on replacement bolts . 

kingswood

kingswood

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationHull

https://www.r32oc.co...ension +refresh

just done all that, £1500 all in.

Rocky_MK5R32

Rocky_MK5R32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the help 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.