Black .:R - Page 3 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Black .:R

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

R32Lee

R32Lee

Loyal Member

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 1576 posts
  • LocationNorth East
C'mon bailey, wheres these pics of ur new shiny Milltek??....:)
Posted Image

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Posted Image

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Need to get a better video, Chris didnt dare rev it too much outside his house haha

Posted Image

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

West

West

• Members
  • 760 posts
Sounds good! :top:
How much power did it make?
Frank

2012 - ........ | 2003 VW Golf R32 HGP460
2014 - ........ | 2012 VW UP Bluemotion

2012 - 2013 | 2000 VW Lupo 1.4 16V
2008 - 2012 | 2003 VW Golf R32

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

Sounds good! :top:
How much power did it make?

Thanks! And it got 268bhp on the RR at Awesome. Going to get it on the rollers elsewhere in the future though

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts
That sounds sweet!

What other mods have you got other than the Milltek and air filter? Have you got a map on it?
Posted Image

Loads of mods but i cant be arsed to type them...........oh but its got a 3.2 V6!

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

That sounds sweet!

What other mods have you got other than the Milltek and air filter? Have you got a map on it?

Thats all I have but its full Milltek right through manifolds and sports cat too. And yeah I had Revo remap applied whilst I was down at awesome (couldnt say no with £100 off)

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Well woke up, decent day and ive moved the old fellas car out of the garage to start the war on this...

Posted Image

Using these products...

Posted Image

Probably going to take me more than a day mind :( and ive got a proper camera for some after shots :D

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Well I only got so far before my mate rang me to go to the gym, so here is the progress so far. After a wash and then using Poorboys Black hole. Not sure if to go for a second coat of this stuff, or first coat of wax tonight and then a second tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Not as many up close reflection shots, but how shes looking after first layer of wax (actually the very first time ive ever bothered doing this myself. the old 1.8t had a proper polish and wax done before it was sold but my uncle done that for me. and this car was waxed just before I picked it up)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wilkymk4

Wilkymk4

• Members
  • 604 posts
Mate those reflection shot are effin AMAZIN!! Very well done!

Are you goin to Fast Lane mate?

Lee

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

Mate those reflection shot are effin AMAZIN!! Very well done!

Are you goin to Fast Lane mate?

Lee

Cheers for the comments Lee, although it aint as shiny as your but im well impressed with my effort.

Not sure about Fast Lane, whats the dates?

Wilkymk4

Wilkymk4

• Members
  • 604 posts
Mate yours looks awesome,ive gotta proper soft spot for black cars with good paint n your has come up a treat!

Ive been wantin to try black hole for ages but mines got 2 coats of Glare on now n id need to apply it under that,need to finish mine off yet,hopefully for the weekend.

Did you apply Black Hole with a polisher mate?

Glad you saw the Fast Lane thread aswell,be good to meet you :D

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

Mate yours looks awesome,ive gotta proper soft spot for black cars with good paint n your has come up a treat!

Ive been wantin to try black hole for ages but mines got 2 coats of Glare on now n id need to apply it under that,need to finish mine off yet,hopefully for the weekend.

Did you apply Black Hole with a polisher mate?

Glad you saw the Fast Lane thread aswell,be good to meet you :D

Nah mate done it by hand, and my word I managed to work up a sweat haha.

Its actually exposed the paint to having some pretty bad scratches, majority I think could be removed with a machine polisher. But im a little disappointed in how bad it actually is. Praying its not my doing either as ive always been extremely careful when cleaning my cars. But only really noticeable in certain light and angles, maybe one day I will purchase a machine polisher and give it a go myself (or just pay someone haha)

Yeah mate I checked the Northern meets, I will deffo pop up anyway for a bit. Be nice to meet a few new faces!

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
Can't beat black for reflection. Those DBP boys have a lot of catching up to do ;)

If you do decide on a 2nd coat, apply and then leave it for a good few hours before you remove it for better end results. Then a layer of sealant over the top and all is good.

Good effort tho :top:
Banner by Rich R32, on Flickr

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

Can't beat black for reflection. Those DBP boys have a lot of catching up to do ;)

If you do decide on a 2nd coat, apply and then leave it for a good few hours before you remove it for better end results. Then a layer of sealant over the top and all is good.

Good effort tho :top:

Really appreciate the comments Rich. I didnt end up doing a second coat of Black Hole, just gone for the wax. Done one layer tonight, then another tomorrow morning. Not to sure on the wax mind you with regards to how long leaving it (using Collinite 476) I was doing a panel, moving onto another then going back and removing the last panel so say a couple of minutes. Also the wax was really really hard.

When I done the blackhole I covered the car and then removed about 15mins later is this ok?

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Oh and your right Black gives off the best reflections ;)

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
With collinite about 30mins to cure fully (depending on ambient temp). It is a hard wax but very durable. I usually give myself 1-2 weeks to prep my car before a show/meet. Remember it's not a race and can be therapeutic lol if you don't need to use the car that is? :D

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

With collinite about 30mins to cure fully (depending on ambient temp). It is a hard wax but very durable. I usually give myself 1-2 weeks to prep my car before a show/meet. Remember it's not a race and can be therapeutic lol if you don't need to use the car that is? :D

I know thats the only thing, mine is the only car. Although do take advantage of my dads from time to time (Mazda 6 MPS) I was finding that the collinite was sometimes a little hard to take off after about 5minutes. Maybe I was putting it on a little too thick. Will be giving it another go tomorrow anyway!

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
Try dampening the foam applicator first with detailing spray or water which may help?

West

West

• Members
  • 760 posts
On that note, you have to leave Black Hole on for an hour or so before buffing off? I tend to do a panel, wait maybe 2mins and then wipe it off already. Didnt know you had to let it stay on a bit longer lol.
Frank

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

Try dampening the foam applicator first with detailing spray or water which may help?

I had dampened the applicator like. But cheers for the help Rich

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts

On that note, you have to leave Black Hole on for an hour or so before buffing off? I tend to do a panel, wait maybe 2mins and then wipe it off already. Didnt know you had to let it stay on a bit longer lol.

Not set in stone. I usually apply BH with a machine and leave on for around 10-15mins then remove. However, I find that with each 'extra layer' the longer you leave to cure in between...the better.

But everyone has their own technique ;)

West

West

• Members
  • 760 posts
cheers, got nothing to do atm so might as well try it out on my bonnet :P
Frank

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Well she got a second coat of wax today, and then I begun on the interior. Here are some shots (the photos came out poor either with flash or no flash, will have to get some better ones soon) I think I might give the engine bay a quick go tomorrow not decided yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was going to take her out tonight for some photos but it started spitting haha. Im turning into Rich very quickly here and not wanting to take the car out the garage :D

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Engine bay done today!!

Posted Image

Rich R32

Rich R32

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7998 posts
On Sunday, think I'll bring along my clip board, pen and score sheet...

Joking :D

Nice work Paul. :top:

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts

On Sunday, think I'll bring along my clip board, pen and score sheet...

Joking :D

Nice work Paul. :top:

HAHA. Would appreciate any tips though Rich (; few things im not happy about and should of really paid much more attention to detail, especially around the front of the car. Thought id gotten rid of all the marks left from the bugs etc, but didnt notice until I was waxing (too lazy to go back and wash again)

Maybe should of clayed the car too. But im very pleased with my first effort at a detail, its been a nice few days stuck in the garage music blasting.

Bailey12856

Bailey12856

• Members
  • 1094 posts
Posted Image

How about that for my morning commute to Hartlepool for work :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.