Alexmac's black mk4 R32 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Alexmac's black mk4 R32

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Evening all, after being off work for almost 3 weeks now due to a chest infection i got rather board and started getting quotes on cars. For a laugh i thought i would get a quote on a mk4 R32 because i have wanted one for a few years now after seeing one at edition 38 ripping it up around the fields, I fell in love with the noise they make. After getting a quote and being shocked at the fact it was lower than what i pay now for my mk2 golf, i started looking for one. Thats when i came across this forum and then found a very nice black R on ebay for the right price, and here we are now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Its as standard as they come, until i put new springs on and a few other little bits and bobs. But i love it :) its a massive step up from my mk2.

Cheers.

Growler

Growler

• Members
  • 1067 posts
Welcome mate. Looks clean. Any nice extras? What happened to the MK2?
2008 3dr DSG Recaro's, comfort pack, RNS510, tints, CC VVT Attack, Performance Haldex

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Cheers bud. mk2 is going in my garage and the plans are to strip it down completely and rebuild it, already rebuilt a 2.0 abf and spent shed loads of money on the performance. Getting 170bhp out of it but i want to strip the shell and clean it up a bit, might turn it into a track car.

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

• Members
  • 3296 posts
  • LocationSURREY
congrats on getting ur R.u also got the fastest and the best colour.lol.:vroam:

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
True that.

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

• Members
  • 3296 posts
  • LocationSURREY

True that.

1ST thing i changed was the crap aerial,got a polo aerial from vw stealers.from a 2010model short 1. looks so much better.Attached File  SAM_1755.jpg   92.87KB   154 downloadsAttached File  SAM_1755.jpg   92.87KB   154 downloadscouple of pics.

Attached Files

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

1ST thing i changed was the crap aerial,got a polo aerial from vw stealers.from a 2010model short 1. looks so much better.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7819[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7819[/ATTACH]couple of pics.

Very nice :) I'm missing a left hand side roof runner so need to get one of them. I'm going to try and shine them exhaust tips up tomorrow.

Ree

Ree

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationUK

1ST thing i changed was the crap aerial,got a polo aerial from vw stealers.from a 2010model short 1. looks so much better.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7819[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7819[/ATTACH]couple of pics.

Welcome along fella !

Thats it the modding bug has bitten you now !
Wietec Coilovers,
Neuspeed Induction Kit,
VMR Rep 18 x 8.5,
MK6 R Brake clips,
MK6 Rear badge,
Neuspeed crossed/Drilled Disc all round,
Yellow stuff pads all round,
Goodyear Asymmetric,
4 Inch Slashed Tail Pipes,
LED side lights,
LED rear Number plate lights,
Pressed Metal plates,
H & R Arbs front and rear,
Poly bushed front and rear.

Future Mods: Remap, full detail, wheels need a refurb, speaker upgrade, maybe light tints all round, Gloss black rear valance, gloss black front grill, only the black bits main grill will remain silver.

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts
Do the polo rear wiper mod and yeah do that 18ft long ariel too lol.

Also fit some 20 or 25mm rear spacers, looks good and they handle even better!

That does look like a really mint car you have bought, has it done many miles?

My mates got a standard rear box on his and his tips are as dirty as yours, they do polish up really well though :)
Posted Image

Loads of mods but i cant be arsed to type them...........oh but its got a 3.2 V6!

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE

• Members
  • 3296 posts
  • LocationSURREY

Very nice :) I'm missing a left hand side roof runner so need to get one of them. I'm going to try and shine them exhaust tips up tomorrow.

Post some pics up when clean exhaust tips,mine also in need of good shine.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

Do the polo rear wiper mod and yeah do that 18ft long ariel too lol.

Also fit some 20 or 25mm rear spacers, looks good and they handle even better!

That does look like a really mint car you have bought, has it done many miles?

My mates got a standard rear box on his and his tips are as dirty as yours, they do polish up really well though :)

I'm going to give it a good service do the Ariel and wiper. It's done 75k miles with full service history, interior is mint full leather seats arnt badly stretched or ripped. It has a few little stone chips on the front bumper, nothing I can't sort out. Got it for 6k which I didn't think was to bad.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

Post some pics up when clean exhaust tips,mine also in need of good shine.

Will do mate, I'll get some interior pics and engine pics to.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Ok should be inside recovering but i cant resist going out side and playing Had a little go at cleaning the engine bay, it is a lot better then what it was. And i have given the interior a good scrub down and and a hoover. Had a go at the exhaust tips but wasn't very successful so i am going to take them off at the weekend hopefully and get the rotary on them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers :)

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
Love it best colour too

here is mine:

Attached File  DSC03638.jpg   97.25KB   70 downloads

Attached Files

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

Love it best colour too

here is mine:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7828[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7829[/ATTACH]

Looks mints mate. Just found out im due for a recall on the coil packs :)

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

Looks mints mate. Just found out im due for a recall on the coil packs :)

me too, my car is booked in for Monday at VW

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

me too, my car is booked in for Monday at VW

also use McGuires Quick detailer after a wash and the black paint shines like a mirror and takes about 5 minutes with minimum effort

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

also use McGuires Quick detailer after a wash and the black paint shines like a mirror and takes about 5 minutes with minimum effort

One step ahead mate already done that :)

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

One step ahead mate already done that :)

Perfect

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Ok been driving the R since Monday now and I love it, but it concerns me that I have never driven one before so I don't know how it should drive. For a 3.2 V6 I thought it would be a little more responsive when I put the foot down, it just dosnt seem to quite pick up. It seems like it hesitates a little bit, don't get me wrong it's quick it's really quick but after being in a metal shell with 170bhp It seems a tiny tiny little bit disappointing. Is this normal for a standard R? To get a better response I suppose I have to fork out for a good air intake, exhaust and haldex map?

DaveMoore

DaveMoore

• Members
  • 2639 posts
  • LocationWest Mids
Has it had the 6463 update? That will remove any flat spots.

Tbh they aren't that quick, your 170bhp mk2 would keep up with one hence your disappointment. An exhaust intake and remap will make it sound a bit quicker and improve throttle response but don't expect much!
'56 3dr Shadow Blue R32
Viper CAI
Milltek Non-Res - GT100's
Milltek 200Cel Sports Cats
Shrick 268/264 Cams
APS Fuel System Upgrade
APS Stage2 Remap
C-C DSG Remap
18" OZ Alleggerita HLT - Toyo R888's/Vred Sessentas
ZF Sacs Adjustable Suspension
H&R Front and Rear Anti-Roll bars
EuroSport Rear Strutbrace
Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit
343mm ECS Slotted Rotors - Ferodo DS pads
EBC Yellow Stuff Rear pads
VF Engine and Transmission Mounts
Haldex Gen 2 - Switchable
Carbon Bonnet with Aero Catches
Carbon DSG Paddle Extensions

R32 sold...
6.2l V8 HSV Clubsport R8 sold...
BMW e34 540i/6 sold...

1970 BMW 2002 at my service

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
[quote name='DM_DubGTi']Has it had the 6463 update?

No idea about the update, the bloke that had it before me never did anything to it he just kept it serviced. So your guess is as good as mine.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19354 posts
You have to remember the Mk2 is significantly ligher than a MK4 R32 so with 170bhp, it would probably have a higher poer to weight ratio.

Other thing about the V6 is that because the power delivery is linear and smooth it cangive the perception of being slower than it really is
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

You have to remember the Mk2 is significantly ligher than a MK4 R32 so with 170bhp, it would probably have a higher poer to weight ratio.

Other thing about the V6 is that because the power delivery is linear and smooth it cangive the perception of being slower than it really is

Yea true the mk4 is propper heavy. It's weird cruising at 80 in 6th it feels like I'm doing 50.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19354 posts

Yea true the mk4 is propper heavy. It's weird cruising at 80 in 6th it feels like I'm doing 50.

MK4 R32 weighs around 1,450kg whereas the MK2 was around 1,000kg IIRC
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

birdiemachine

birdiemachine

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 3003 posts
That looks really really tidy! Enjoy it!

Good work on the colour ;)

Ree

Ree

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationUK

MK4 R32 weighs around 1,450kg whereas the MK2 was around 1,000kg IIRC

Do you know how much the mk5 weighs ?
Wietec Coilovers,
Neuspeed Induction Kit,
VMR Rep 18 x 8.5,
MK6 R Brake clips,
MK6 Rear badge,
Neuspeed crossed/Drilled Disc all round,
Yellow stuff pads all round,
Goodyear Asymmetric,
4 Inch Slashed Tail Pipes,
LED side lights,
LED rear Number plate lights,
Pressed Metal plates,
H & R Arbs front and rear,
Poly bushed front and rear.

Future Mods: Remap, full detail, wheels need a refurb, speaker upgrade, maybe light tints all round, Gloss black rear valance, gloss black front grill, only the black bits main grill will remain silver.

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19354 posts

Do you know how much the mk5 weighs ?

Depending on spec. around 1,590kg

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

That looks really really tidy! Enjoy it!

Good work on the colour ;)

Cheers mate :)

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
I definitely have flat spots so maybe I do need that update, how do I go about it? Will Vw do it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.