Alexmac's black mk4 R32 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Alexmac's black mk4 R32

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Ok not allot has happened as i have had to start saving for a holiday. Fitted a neuspeed race series cai kit last Saturday and it improved my flat spots gave it much better throttle response, and a great noise.

But unfortunately i have caught the dreaded knocking noise, its coming from the front drivers side and it knocks (twangs) when driving slowly, fairly fast and steering. To me it sounds like the springs are twanging almost like there settling down haha. I have been reading allot about this and the list for replacing parts is endless, and never seems to cure the problem. There must be someone out there that knows the course of this seriously annoying problem.

Also i was just wondering how smooth your gear box is? mine feels quite clonky and im not sure if this is normal as i have never driven one before.

cheers, alex.

RC944

RC944

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
top mount and bearing or broken spring?

on the flat spot you really need to get the 6463 ecu update because its a mapping issue not really something that can be properly fixed by fitting mods
944 S2 (gone)
964 C4 (gone but sorely missed)
968 CS (gone)
MK4 R32

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
It's going in for a full service next month and to have the coil pack changed so I'll see if they can do the update then :)

As for the knocking I need to take the wheel off this weekend and check the springs. I will have a look at the top mounts as well.

This any good?? http://item.mobilewe...nid=67114701041

ad04and

ad04and

• Members
  • 1056 posts
Nice looking motor - glad you opted for Black :lollypop:
Land Rover R/R Evoque Dynamic 2.2 SD4 (190PS / 420Nm 9-speed Auto with Paddle Shift), 4WD, RSC, EDC, EBD, HDC, DSC, TCS, EBA, TPMS, Corris Grey / Santorini Black, Vortex Ebony Leather, 20" Split Spoke Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics, Xenons with LEDs, Meridian Sound System with Subwoofer, DAB, Navigation System, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy Glass.

Mercedes-Benz, SLK200 BlueEFFICIENY 1.8T (185PS / 250Nm 7-speed 7G-TronicPlus), Palladium Silver, Bengal Red Nappa Leather, 17" Multi-Spoke Alloys, Panoramic Vario Roof, Airguide, Airscarf Heating, DAB, Xenons with LEDs, Climate Control.

VW R32 MKV 3.2 V6 (250PS / 320Nm 6-speed DSG), Diamond Black Pearl, Anthracite Vienna Leather, 18" Omanyts, Xenons - Sold but it will never ever be forgotten.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
So it has been a few weeks that i have owned the R now and so far I'm very happy with it. Things have been slow at the moment because me and the misses are saving for a holiday so i can't really spend any money on the car for a little while. So far i have spent every weekend washing the car and keeping it as spotless as i can in side and out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I purchased the neuspeed race series CAI kit about two weeks ago and fitted that, found big improvement in the throttle response. Yesterday i did the flapper mod and dismantled the boot lock. I noticed the other day that my boot was not locking with the central locking, so yesterday i took the cover off to see the issue. Water had leaked all over the mechanism over a long period of time, i couldn't put the key in the lock very far and all the links where rusty. Also the actuator was ruined so i have asked vw to keep one back for me. I took the lock barrel apart and all the pins and gave it a good clean up from all that lime scale, Then built it back up with plenty of copper grease :) So now i can lock my boot with the key and saturday i can fit the new actuator.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Plans for the future are to get the paint work cleaned up
:full vw service, ecu update and get the coil pack changed
:coilovers
:wheels spacers
:miltek
:remap
:top front and rear strut braces
:weitec anti roll bars
:top mounts and bearings

Managed to get 30mpg the other day :)
Posted Image

Ill keep this thread updated as much as possible.

cheers peeps.

moby123

moby123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
love the colour. :) ive had a mk4 with the stage 2 remap and improved economy and performance was running about 280 but it was alot quicker.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

love the colour. :) ive had a mk4 with the stage 2 remap and improved economy and performance was running about 280 but it was alot quicker.

Cheers mate
That's what I'm going to do at some point in the future.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Received my new centre caps yesterday :)
Posted Image

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Right I haven't done a great deal besides cleaning the R because im saving like a mad man. I am waiting for my cupra R splitter to arrive :)
Going to get cracking with the rotary today, try and get a few nasty scratches out and generally bring the paint back to life. I'll get some good pics up later :)
Might even Persuade the missis to clean the interior for me :o

Cheers

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Ok this is the result after 7 hours of pure hand polishing. Washed it yesterday, then at 9 this morning i clayed it down cut it back then polished it and then put a thick layer of dodo juice wax.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Erick

Erick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
A really good result :top:

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Well today I fitted my cupra splitter and sprayed my rear Vw badge crackle black. I took the bumper off because I thought it would be easier to fit the splitter in the correct place, plus the weather has been rubbish all day so having the bumper in the garage to work on was better than getting wet crawling on the floor.
I also put up some tower polling for shelter but stupidly attached a corner to a loose brick on the wall and the wind caught the tower polling and took the brick off and it landed on my head :( left a nice big gash on my swede but luckily didn't hit the R.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335124636.143970.jpg   96.39KB   40 downloads

[ATTACH]9133[/ATTACH]

Attached Files

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
[ATTACH]9134[/ATTACH]

Attached Files

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Ordered a milltek non-res with the gt100 tips yesterday :) should arrive today hopefully.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
It's arrived
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339493175.770934.jpg   163.65KB   37 downloads

R32paulm

R32paulm

• Members
  • 1415 posts
Very nice mate
Hopefully my non res miltek will turn up today or tommorow
MK5 R32 3DOOR DSG

bones4motion

bones4motion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
very nice!! bumper comes of easy don't they. Had mine off cause crash bar was well bent from last owner. Must of had hit a post as cracks in paint & number plate cracked when brought it
Posted Image4MOTION V6

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Well it took me about 1hour to get the old exhaust off and about 15 minutes to put the new one on :) And I have fallen in love. I will never use a radio again.
Excuse the dirt but admire the shiny tips :)
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339532439.423834.jpg   154.12KB   35 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339532454.090443.jpg   171.37KB   39 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339532473.839936.jpg   182.62KB   39 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339532488.758890.jpg   221.05KB   47 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339532517.877771.jpg   224.39KB   47 downloads

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

very nice!! bumper comes of easy don't they. Had mine off cause crash bar was well bent from last owner. Must of had hit a post as cracks in paint & number plate cracked when brought it

Yea it's easy, would have been easier if I wasn't doing it in the rain.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Just dropped the car off at VW for its full service and coil pack recall :)

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Just dropped the car off at VW for its full service and coil pack recall :)

finesse

finesse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Looks fantastic

RedRobin

RedRobin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Cleeeean Machine, Alex!

I bet you are hating the sound of your Non-Res Milltek - They get even better as they mature (rather like me!).

VeeDub Mk5 GTI DSG - Much modified and Revo'd - Includes .:R32 bits: Recaro CS and rear bumper.

vamp r32

vamp r32

• Members
  • 727 posts
has the your r had the ecu update from vw?
otherwise...i think its the way it is...mine had the ecu update, was quick...but sometimes it wasnt...wierd.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
No I haven't had the update. When I took it into Vw the other day they didn't seem to know anything about the update and said they would look into it next time. I figured I'm getting a remap at some point anyway so there's no point.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

Cleeeean Machine, Alex!

I bet you are hating the sound of your Non-Res Milltek - They get even better as they mature (rather like me!).

Cheers robin!

Hell no! I'm loving the sound of it :D it's so nice. Hahaha!

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Haven't really got much to update, been spending the money on the mk2.
Caught my right hand side mirror on a stupidly parked can a few weeks back was so p**s*d off, so I have been spraying my new one. Also been spraying a new boot handle as well because my one is a load of rubbish. Not really anything else to report, little bit poor to be honest.

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset
Right I have been doing a little bit of detailing and waxing this week, haven't got any pics of it though because I don't think I did a great job "black is so hard to clean"
I cleaned my TB today it wasn't as dirty as I thought it would have been. It was worse on the manifold side, also cleaned the breather pipe out as well which was full of crap. Think I will stick a filter on the end of that, I don't see why Vw still make all the crap just circulate around the engine again and again.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356891678.493466.jpg   168.81KB   18 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356891703.292257.jpg   195.69KB   19 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356891725.900930.jpg   184.96KB   17 downloads

Nice and clean. I have noticed a slight change in throttle response.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356891738.802074.jpg   188.66KB   17 downloads

I also decided to take the bonnet sound deadening off, nice and clean in behind it :)/> result!
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356891932.846344.jpg   189.9KB   17 downloads

Smashed mirror that is finally now replaced :)/> I couldn't get the Lacquer right, kept getting runs. Haven't got a photo of the finished result, it doesn't look to bad for a rattle can novice.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356892022.376564.jpg   189.7KB   20 downloads

I have also ordered some new polly bush top mounts from psi
4" flexi hex detailing pads for the rotary
Blue scotch detailing tape
And I received a mk5 wiper the other day that I'm not to keen on, I got a plastic non genuine one for £12 off eBay because I didn't want to spend £35-£40 on a genuine one. Kind of regretting that decision now :(/>

It's very hard to get things done when i have two expensive projects on the go.
Next on the list is
-short shifter
-Remap
-Wheels spacers and wheel refurb in a new colour
-Alpine double din unit (second hand)
-And some second hand coilovers.

That's it for now.

slimjimvw

slimjimvw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Cracking stuff Alex.
Posted Image

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • LocationDorset

Cracking stuff Alex.

Cheers mate, slow progress but that's what projects are for right? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.