Question for a friend - Haldex / Wheels - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Question for a friend - Haldex / Wheels

Haldex Staggered Fitment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

imprinted

imprinted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland
Hi guys, one of my friends is looking to move back to the VAG world and get himself a MkV R32. He used to own a modified 1.4 MkV before his Supra & is wondering if the staggered Brabus Monobloc's he has that he intends to fit onto the R32 will affect the Haldex system? I think there's an inch difference between the front and rear - will that be alright or is he outta luck?

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19293 posts
There is no definitive answer on whether staggered wheels affect the Haldex other than plenty of people seem tio run them without issue.

The important thing is not the width but to try and keep the differencial between the front and rear rolling circumferences as equal as possible. By it's nature haldex is more forgiving than a Torsen 4WD set up.

You pays your money you takes your chance.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

V6RUL

V6RUL

• Members
  • 1027 posts
You need to keep your rolling radius within 4% or you will have issues and also fail an MOT.
I'm running 8s upfront and 9s rear but RR is similar due to the correct tyre selection.
Steve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Haldex, Staggered Fitment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.