Filbro MK5 R32 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Filbro MK5 R32

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Thought I would start a members ride thread.

Ok so that's the car as I bought it (above). The drive from Bradford to South Derbyshire was brilliant. Big cheesy grin all the way home! 2 days later I was at MidlandVW and the car was on H&R springs.

Car is on 06 Plate. 34K miles. Spec is Leather Recaros, Sat Nav, Winter pack.
Its been treated to H&R springs.

Plus my mate carried out a paint correction for me.
-Clayed with Meguiars Last Touch
-Poor boys SSR2.5 medium pad
-Zymol polish, soft pad
-Dodo Juice, Super Natural Hybrid (by hand)
-Tyres had a quick wipe with endurance gel dressing

Had the car just over a week and love it. I'll let a few pictures do the talking.

Hope you like........... :-)

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 11:31 AM.

• raiden likes this

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

CIJ84

CIJ84

• Members
  • 1152 posts
Very nice mate, does he fancy doing mine?

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Very nice mate, does he fancy doing mine?

He probably would mate for some £££.........

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 11:35 AM.

• R32OB likes this

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Still lovin the r32!
Bought a hooky DVD off the bay for latest sat nav maps. Works a treat. Bargain !

Also replaced all the wheel nut covers as the originals were showing their age.

Lastly gave the car a going over with dodo juice acrylic spritz. Really brings out a deep gloss on black paint.

Oh also bought a std air box to replace the viper induction that came with the car when I bought it. I will put some more pics up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Hi
Some updates.........
Glossy Black VW Emblem for the rear:

Most of the locating pins on the black badge did not line up with the base on the car, so removed them with sharp blade;

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 11:59 AM.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Then it was time for front grill to come off. I really liked the smooth 'no holes grill', so wanted to mod the existing one to suit.

Number plate relocation involved bolting 'Altec Products Show n go motorized kit' to the bumper;

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 12:02 PM.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Sample video of the plate in operation.....

Posted Image

inactive

inactive

• Hidden
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Very nice mate, the badge i think personally gives it a nice touch.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Have just bought the blue R36 coil pack covers and tubing from the dealer. Tubing (N107 325 02) = £2.29. 3 x Caps (03H 971 921) = £4.72 ea. 3 x Caps (03H 971 921A) = £4.72 ea. Total £30.61 inc VAT.

R32_Wez

R32_Wez

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1704 posts
That number plate slider is awesome buddy really like it :)

O and the car is a beauty also :)

Wez

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

That number plate slider is awesome buddy really like it :)
O and the car is a beauty also :)
Wez

Thanks Wez - think I'm the first to fit to mk5 R32 (I think). Gizmo works from remote - quite trick :-)

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso
Bond comes to mind or The Transporter :) Looks very trick

:)

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Update. Fault code 01435 Brake pressure sensor 1-G201 Electrical problem in circuit. This is the common problem on mk5 golfs ref ABS pump. Pleased to say VW are repairing free of charge as part of warranty arrangement. Very happy as thought I would have to pay something for this.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Inters 2013. Some pics of mine.

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 12:58 PM.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Inters 2013

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 01:07 PM.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Inters 2013

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 01:07 PM.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Inters 2013

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 01:09 PM.

• Finch likes this

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Inters 2013

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 01:12 PM.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Inters 2013

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 01:13 PM.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Hi all, 8.5 x 19 Helios with 225x35x19 tyres. Pic from All dubs 13 at the weekend

Attached Files

Edited by filbro, 27 April 2018 - 01:27 PM.

• West likes this

golf mk5

golf mk5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationLancashire
What springs you got on with the 19s bud?

Is there much Rubbing

Very nice looking car

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso
Looks awesome

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

What springs you got on with the 19s bud?

Is there much Rubbing

Very nice looking car

Thanks ! Yes occasionally rubs at front when gunning it. Think the arch liner screw mod will fix it. Springs are h&r 25mm

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Looks awesome

Thanks - am chuffed to bits !

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso

Thanks - am chuffed to bits !

No wonder. Love those wheels

R32paulm

R32paulm

• Members
  • 1415 posts
Love the wheels
MK5 R32 3DOOR DSG

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
oh my favourite wheels-so jealous

inactive

inactive

• Hidden
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Love the wheels mate, Out of curiosity are you selling the previous Zolders ?

Been on the hunt for a fairly long time.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Love the wheels mate, Out of curiosity are you selling the previous Zolders ?

Been on the hunt for a fairly long time.

Thank you. I'm keeping the zolders for winter. Be criminal to ruin the Helios with the snow, road salt, grime etc etc

Andy

Andy

• Moderators
  • 3421 posts
if you ever fancy swapping the helios alloy for some 19" ck let me know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.