Filbro MK5 R32 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Filbro MK5 R32

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Kurt

Kurt

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationEngland
Love the Helios!.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

if you ever fancy swapping the helios alloy for some 19" ck let me know

Ok I will bear that in mind. BBS CK are uber nice.

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Hi everyone ! About a month ago I won a eBay auction for neuspeed p-flo. Had only been on the car for 10k miles but the seller was changing cars so hence selling the p-flo.I cleaned it up and installed today. Very happy! My r32 originally came with piper cross viper induction kit. The car ran ok with it but it looked lost in the bay so I changed it for a std air box. The std air box actually made the car a little nicer to drive especially low revs very smooth. The p-flo is very different in terms of noise! It roars and sounds immense. Drives like the std air box setup apart from at say 4k revs approx. then the car feels like it has bit more 'go'. Anyway pics!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
So today I carried out the arch liner screw fix to the front to cure the rubbing. You can find the linky searching fender screw fix on google, it's on golf mkv.com I think. Any how pics!
So this pic is looking from up inside the arch. Pushed the plastic liner behind the metal tab, then bent the tab up. Replacing the screw not necessary as this was what rubbed!
Posted Image
Next pic shows how the screw head was touching rubber!
Posted Image
Did both sides then got busy and cleaned her up!
Posted Image

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Screw fix mod to arch liner worked!! Zero rubbing this morning - HAPPY !!

Gatherz

Gatherz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNorfolk
Looking good pal love the wheels! :)

I have the same issue with the inner arch liner screw, must get that done really!

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Looking good pal love the wheels! :)

I have the same issue with the inner arch liner screw, must get that done really!

Thanks pal. Yeah get the arch liner mod done. Biggest hassle is jacking the car up. Once the wheels drop a fair bit you can get your hands in and it's a 10 min job each side.

Gatherz

Gatherz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNorfolk

Thanks pal. Yeah get the arch liner mod done. Biggest hassle is jacking the car up. Once the wheels drop a fair bit you can get your hands in and it's a 10 min job each side.

Yeah okay nice one cheers, sounds good to me!

Any more plans for any new additions?

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Yeah okay nice one cheers, sounds good to me!

Any more plans for any new additions?

I want to swap the MFD2 for something. Have got hold of a RCD510 but can't fit until I sort Canbus upgrade ref battery drain. Think I might ebay MFD2 plus RCD510, then buy the RNS510 from guy on here, Nick I think?? Theres a few other things I want to do, little things like one of the tinted windows has gone a bit flaky??? Need to get that sorted - but no rush.

rtorbs

rtorbs

• Members
  • 977 posts

I want to swap the MFD2 for something. Have got hold of a RCD510 but can't fit until I sort Canbus upgrade ref battery drain. Think I might ebay MFD2 plus RCD510, then buy the RNS510 from guy on here, Nick I think?? Theres a few other things I want to do, little things like one of the tinted windows has gone a bit flaky??? Need to get that sorted - but no rush.

Get nick to sort out the canbus as well as the unit too....£90 pre coded

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Get nick to sort out the canbus as well as the unit too....£90 pre coded

Will do - thanks for this :-)

rtorbs

rtorbs

• Members
  • 977 posts

Will do - thanks for this :-)

No probs, if you can't get hold through here you might need to call him, he's not been on as much since tapatalk isn't being supported?! Let me know if you need his number :)

Jacky_t

Jacky_t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
looks insane i like that alot!!!

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

No probs, if you can't get hold through here you might need to call him, he's not been on as much since tapatalk isn't being supported?! Let me know if you need his number :)

Will do - much appreciated.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

looks insane i like that alot!!!

Ha ha - first time its been described as 'insane' - but yeah I like it too LOL

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Winter mode!! Zolders back on for next few months. Helios wrapped up in the garage.

bruce865

bruce865

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Locationruncorn
That number plate mod has got to be one of the best mods I have ever seen! In love with the car mate!

Sam

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Cheers Sam.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
http://www.chemicalg...V7_p/hybrv7.htm

Santa got me some bits and bobs from chemical guys! The v7 sealant detail spray is really glossy. Used it today and very happy with the result.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Car in for service today. Mileage at 45K. Still loving the R!!!!!!!

Oliver73

Oliver73

• Members
  • 2803 posts
  • LocationKent
Liking the build!

I'm hoping to get a US grille this year - how easy was the show n go kit to install? Any legal problems when MOT time comes?
Gradually made a low-spec into a Highline!

Recaros: Retro-Fitted
Cruise Control: Retro-Fitted
Highline Clocks: Retro-Fitted
RNS510: Retro-Fitted
MFSW: Retro-Fitted Ed30!

Performance Bits: Non-res Milltek, Forge CAI (with blue hoses!!!) Mtec Brakes, H&R Lowering Springs
Shiny Bits: Geniune 19" VMR 710s, US-spec grille, Gloss black rear valence

Feel free to ask me for info!

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Hi Oliver
US grille - very nice :-) I went with the split down and repaint option!
Show n go kit took me a couple of hours to install. The kit is well made and has survived the British weather so far.
I went with the kit for Camaro C5 (I think).

MOT no problems :-) My plate is not strictly legal as its tad smaller than should be. Have no problems though.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Helios back on next week. One small scuff to repair then sorted. Now the better weather is here, can't wait!!

Harv32

Harv32

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • LocationNottinghamshire
Where is the plate device from? Very trick. Love Helios suits the mk5 perfectly!

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Hi, I ordered from a parts place in states but I just found a seller in UK, search tarmacsportz on ebay.
They have stock end May.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Fitted simota today.

Posted Image

k-dubber

k-dubber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
looks a lovely bit of kit fits nice aswel

What's it sound like? 😁

Absolutely love the helios I need them for mine 😍

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

looks a lovely bit of kit fits nice aswel

What's it sound like?

Absolutely love the helios I need them for mine

Thanks mate. Sounds really nice. Not as loud as the neuspeed though.
Have changed the coil caps to black now. Helios going on today, will let car settle and take a pic tomorrow.
  • k-dubber likes this

Goosie

Goosie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationNorth East
Didn't know Simota did a kit for the MK5, it looks lovely! How much did it cost?
STEEL GREY R32 MK5 // AAS EXHAUST // KW V1 // H&R SPACERS // H&R ARBs // BUILD THREAD

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Didn't know Simota did a kit for the MK5, it looks lovely! How much did it cost?

I came across this one on eBay. Came with blue hoses and no fitting kit, it's off a R32 track competition car (according to seller). Good news is its mint. Paid £250.
New they are £340 ish. You can get them through ppcgb (prestige performance centre).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.