Filbro MK5 R32 - Page 3 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Filbro MK5 R32

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Posted Image
Helios back on today.

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
So here's a pic of black caps for reference. Plus I removed the plastic cover off the manifold because I marked it. Am thinking about repainting it. Pics follow.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mk5 R32, Recaros, Winter pack, H&R Springs, Milltek Cat-back, Audi 19" speedlines, RUF stg2 supercharged, Valeo rear lights, Mk6 R steering wheel & gearknob

R32paulm

R32paulm

• Members
  • 1415 posts
Still love the wheels!liking the intake too
  • filbro likes this
MK5 R32 3DOOR DSG

Harv32

Harv32

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • LocationNottinghamshire
love this. really good mods, cannot go wrong with helios
  • filbro likes this

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
New mot today. While on the ramps I asked my garage to have a look for a slight knock. I can hear a clink type noise over potholes.
Turns out the baffles in back box are loose. Miltek warranty is only with original owner. On the upside they will offer a discount. I'll find out what the discounted price is soon.
In meantime what would you guys do? Go custom back box or replace same as with the discounted Miltek?
The system at present is resonated cat back.

k-dubber

k-dubber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
I would speak to lucifer about a back box as his exhausts are based on the milltek so would fit your system
😊
  • IainR32 likes this

IainR32

IainR32

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1023 posts
Please can I have your intake please? If not where and how much are these?
  • filbro likes this

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

I would speak to lucifer about a back box as his exhausts are based on the milltek so would fit your system

Got to get the serial no off the Miltek tag and find out what discount is available. Tried to get under the car with it jacked up but not having it. So back to garage and on the ramps.
But yes - lucifer is an option. Good call.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Please can I have your intake please? If not where and how much are these?

Yeah sure........ :-) I think they are £340 ish. Think one of the uk stockists advertise on amazon.

IainR32

IainR32

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Yeah sure........ :-) I think they are £340 ish. Think one of the uk stockists advertise on amazon.

Haha thanx mate, yeah I found em on amazon

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts

Haha thanx mate, yeah I found em on amazon

Good stuff! Get it ordered now. :-)

IainR32

IainR32

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Good stuff! Get it ordered now. :-)

Got a forge one on at the minute so no rush, I just like the look of it

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Used Chemical Guys,Wet Mirror Finish. Soft foam pad, DAS6 speed 4. Reflection is really good.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Just back from hols (2 weeks in Turkey)..........all good.
Get home and the R32 is covered in sand, hardcore dust, cement dust from neighbour having patio work done.
Its properly baked on!!! I though t it would wash off but no its properly etched into the paint. Won't come off by hand with SSR2.5.

I machined the roof and the bonnet yesterday, one pass won't be enough - I can still see the damn marks!!. Gonna do couple more panels tonight and the glass.
The paint was A1before I left for hols. I put hours into it!!!!!
Rant over................!!

SKIPPY

SKIPPY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationPLYMOUTH
Love the induction kit, what is it and where can I buy one from???

RubADub

RubADub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSouthampton-ish
Cement dust is an absolute nightmare, especially on such a clean black surface as yours. Good luck!
The Helios' look fantastic.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Clayed the car over last night - plenty of lube, ooooo errrr missus
Glass much better, windscreen still has some marks. Its like dried on water marks but grey from the dusting.
Bit more TLC tonight
  • ChemDuff likes this

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bought some zaino8 from cleanyourcar.com. Gave it a whirl on fri. Works well on black - happy days!
  • ChemDuff likes this

ChemDuff

ChemDuff

Girly Member

• Lady .:R32 Owners
  • 535 posts
  • LocationThurso
Might try some of this on the BMW then! Car looks epic btw :D
  • filbro and DimplesDexter like this
Riding shotgun in ma boii's MK7 R

ollliez

ollliez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Love the OEM+ Look of this mate , well done
  • filbro likes this

VWR

VWR

• Members
  • 1138 posts
  • LocationBelfast
Can't believe I haven't seen this before.

Your car is looking amazing. I love the mods...very OEM, and just the way I like it.
  • filbro likes this
MKV R32: DBP - DSG - 5 Door

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK
Love it, looks spot on

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine
  • filbro likes this

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Thanks !!!!!

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Got the da out and gave the paint a going over. Started with clay bar, then poorboys ssr2.5, finished with zaino z8. Wheels had the iron x treatment then sealed with the zaino.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Last week OC member usual suspect fitted mk6 wheel for me. Thanks ray !!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wheel is great and mfsw is bonus !!
  • Montana32 and Orus88 like this

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • LocationLeicester/Leeds
Paint looks amazing.

What's the headunit?

Posted Image

.:R

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Hey mate. Headunit is 8" android. Wifi. Bluetooth. Seller on ebay called asure i think. Needed an upgrade over the mfd2. Its the one with no buttons. Looks good and i love the sat nav. 7 digit postcode is like stepping into modern world over the mfd2.

filbro

filbro

• Members
  • 509 posts
Got hold of US spec grill from AlanW :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Montana32 and Tejinder like this

Orus88

Orus88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBarcelona
These 19 Helios suit the R32 just perfect.. Good job!

__arthouse

__arthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK / Byron Bay Australia
Damn that's clean! Paint looks amazing. It's funny to see a manual MK5, they're quite rare aren't they!

What's the difference between the grill you had on and this US spec one?

I NEED a Milltek, or Lucifer on mine! So much neater.

Tejinder

Tejinder

Loyal Member

• Regional Event Coordinator
  • 1308 posts

Damn that's clean! Paint looks amazing. It's funny to see a manual MK5, they're quite rare aren't they!

What's the difference between the grill you had on and this US spec one?

I NEED a Milltek, or Lucifer on mine! So much neater.

Original grille was filled and painted to look OEM. The US spec one is a genuine coloured holeless grille. Looks spot on
HPA Turbo

Posted Image

My Build Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.