Soon-to-be newbie from Aberdeen - Welcome to the R32 Owners Club - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

- - - - -

Soon-to-be newbie from Aberdeen

mkiv moonlight blue

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Guest_pm26_*

Guest_pm26_*
  • Guests
Hi all!

Placed a deposit on a mk4 R32 last Saturday, to pick up this weekend all going well.

Not long rid of my JDM DC2 Integra, as per below:

Posted Image

Loved it to bits, but it was pretty raw (hard engine mounts, no PAS or A/C, coilovers, no sound deadending, etc.). Plus it was extremely clean (if I don't say so myself!), which meant I was a bit OCD with it and I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. It was about to be garaged for the winter, when a local guy bought it from me the day I cancelled my insurance and was about to SORN it.

So I was on the hunt for a mk5, and almost bought one, but I wasn't keen on the one I viewed, and then I noticed a lovely mk4 for sale at a dealership not too far away from me.

It's a 3 door moonlight blue model, with 1/2 leather 1/2 alacantara grey interior. I would have liked a black interior, but beggars can't be choosers! It's mostly standard with the exception of some small touches (tints, eyelids - which are coming off, perhaps other things, and a stainless steel back box which I'm guessing is custom). Anyway, it looks like this:

Posted Image

75,500 miles, having VSH on the long life up to 60k, and then an independant garage doing a major service at 69,500 miles. Tax is just about out, but that's getting knocked off the price of the car, and it's also getting 2 new rear tyres before I pick it up (fronts and all brakes are < 3k old). Oh, and it comes with a 3 month / 3k warranty, so that gives me peace of mind for the winter months too!

The only thing that 'concerns' me as such, is that apparently on the previous MOT the rear flexi hoses came up as an advisory - having had a browse I see that the rears are hard lines? I was thinking of getting braided lines, and find that they come in fronts & mids, so would it be the mids that were flagged in the MOT?

Also, don't suppose anyone local to me fancies swapping a stock exhaust for the stainless one on this?

Anyway, looking forward to getting lots of use from the site!

Hopefully I'll get some nice pics of the car after I pic it up (if the weather behaves)!

Cheers.

Phil :yahoo:

M20ERT

M20ERT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMoray, Scotland
Fit like? Recognise this car from when we were down at grampian motors looking at a car for the other half and had a quick nose around it.
What make is the backbox? Im currently after a milltek back box as already got a centre section

lee_shep

lee_shep

• Moderators
  • 3142 posts
  • LocationPreston
Welcome :)

I'm not surprised at all that you've found one local, apparently there's more R32's in Aberdeen than any other town/city in the UK!

Enjoy.

martin1977

martin1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Welcome!! Good to see another Aberdeen owner...

Nick_M

Nick_M

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Welcome fellow Aberdeen R32 owner :good:

N111K JS

N111K JS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Wellcome!
I'm up in Inverness and there must be around 8 or 10 of us here lol. Not too sure if any of you are on here?!

M20ERT

M20ERT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMoray, Scotland

Wellcome!
I'm up in Inverness and there must be around 8 or 10 of us here lol. Not too sure if any of you are on here?!

Surely we can get a north east meet organised or something? Theres a good few in Aberdeen and on EastsideVW forum, theres me and another in Buckie (used to be a few more) And then the ones you say in Inverness. Bound to be a good turnout if we all met on neutral ground somewhere in the middle

Guest_pm26_*

Guest_pm26_*
  • Guests
Cheers all!

Not sure what exhaust is on it, but if there's a milltek I'll be laughing! It'll be getting sold / swapped for a stock exhaust though: I need a flapper switch to keep the neighbors happy as I do a lot of late night / early morning moving about!

I sure do notice a load of R's about - my two best mates (on here) both have mk5's, hence me planning to go for one originally!

martin1977

martin1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
I'll be up for a meet, always good to see what people are up to and help collectively to pour scorn... I mean 'encourage'!!!
Keep me updated guys.

M

N111K JS

N111K JS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
North east meet sounds good! I'm up for that one!

Andrew.

Andrew.

Wheel Whore!

• Members
  • 1204 posts
Sounds like a plan batman! A r32oc north east scotland meet!
Never thought I'd say it but damn, the 4 cyl isn't as bad as I thought!

Andrew.

Andrew.

Wheel Whore!

• Members
  • 1204 posts
Past you phil on the dualler tonight at 9pm, then saw you at tesco danestone!

imprinted

imprinted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland
I'm in Aberdeen as well. If the lads I'm friends with (Team Beard) have another meet should I stick it up here so the R32OC meet can happen at the same time? :D

Andrew.

Andrew.

Wheel Whore!

• Members
  • 1204 posts
You would be better joining eastsidevw for a more local forum with regular meets in Aberdeen, cracking bunch of Cheils :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mkiv, moonlight blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.