WANTED MKV R32 3DR - Vehicles for Sale - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

WANTED MKV R32 3DR

DPBR32 MKV DSG AUTOMATIC SAT NAV LEATHER RECARO LOW MILAGE MILLTEK

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationGloucestershire
Right I am going to have to see the doctor or buy an R32, I can’t sleep at night thinking about them, I’m like a kid at Christmas! I haven’t felt like this in years about anything, but I’ve wanted one of these beauties for over 3 years now. Anyway this aint an agony aunt forum, so here’s what I’m looking for:

REQUIREMENTS

MKV
3DR
Under 50k
08 onward. However low mileage 06/07 plates considered.
Leather Seats
FULL Service History

PREFERENCES (Although not essential as i am happy to retrofit)

SATNAV
MILLTEK Exhaust
Recaro Buckets
FULL VW Service History

Please can you let me know anything you know/hear of that fits the bill, it would be most appreciated. OR if there are any owners out there considering selling their pride an joy?!

Many thanks

Sean

Rockwilder

Rockwilder

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationHereford
How old are you mate? Have you got any insurance quotes?

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I’ve obviously made myself sound like a Juvenile! Suppose my name doesn’t help matters!

I’m 27 mate, done all the insurance quotes, looked at warranties, know the road tax, got service plan quotes in and out of VW, just need the car now!

I’ve got an A4 B8 2.0 TDI at the moment, still unsure if I can try and keep it and have the R32 garaged up for weekends and special run outs, although it’s a pretty extreme option?!

Do most people use theirs as their daily car?

Rockwilder

Rockwilder

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationHereford
I did but after I've finished my rebuild it was only be used sparingly. I can walk to work which is helpful and when I lived in London I left my car in storage so learnt to live without it.

Good luck finding what you're after.

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Cheers for your comments Rockwilder.

Benji26

Benji26

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1563 posts
I use mine every day but only do about twenty miles round trip, it is a great all round car so smooth and comfortable to be in, and if you drive conservatively 30 mpg is very achievable. Good luck with search.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

MkV DBP 3 door. DSG, Recaros, RNS510, iPod, Lux pack, Winter Pack, Parking sensors, sunroof, 19' BBS CH rims, pretty much every option you could add- gone :(((((

1995 Corrado VR6 Shadow blue- gone but not forgotten.

MkVI Golf GT TDI. Black, cream Alcantara. Gone.

Oliver73

Oliver73

• Members
  • 2803 posts
  • LocationKent
I use mine every day. Only do 7 miles each way though :D
Gradually made a low-spec into a Highline!

Recaros: Retro-Fitted
Cruise Control: Retro-Fitted
Highline Clocks: Retro-Fitted
RNS510: Retro-Fitted
MFSW: Retro-Fitted Ed30!

Performance Bits: Non-res Milltek, Forge CAI (with blue hoses!!!) Mtec Brakes, H&R Lowering Springs
Shiny Bits: Geniune 19" VMR 710s, US-spec grille, Gloss black rear valence

Feel free to ask me for info!

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19348 posts
I used mine everyday, 120 miles round trip
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Rrylia

Rrylia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man
I use mine on weekends mainly but occasionally to work if the Mrs and I need to take 2 cars in for some reason (normally non-matching working hours). I've done 650 miles since I bought mine in mid-July, so really not putting much on it at all. Having said that, the Isle of Man is a small place so can't do that many even if I tried :)

The car I bought is exactly your required specs list, other than the fact its not DSG. I'm made up with it and look forward to driving it every time I pick up the keys - speaking of which, off out for a meal tonight so gonna go light her up!

Good luck with the search.
  • V6 XXR likes this
Posted Image

Mk. V | 3 Door | .:R32

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Id like to keep mine as more of a luxury if I can and enjoy every mile I put on the car at weekends/holidays/summer rather than have to use it for business mileage and long drives up and down the country.

Think im swaying towards a manual after all the reading ive been doing all week and the cost implications if something goes wrong, in addition to the other cons of DSG compared to a manual. Although i think sometimes you can read too much. Didn't they iron out the initial DSG problems with the later releases i.e. 08 plates onwards?

cuprabob

cuprabob

• Members
  • 19348 posts
As with all forum talk, there tends to be a focus on issues and faults. You wouln't buy any car if you read too much into forum discussion.

DSG, in my experience, is fantastic and really suits the V6. Drive both DSG and the manual and buy the one you prefer, not on what can go wrong. Most common fault with DSG is mechatronics unit and it's expensive to buy a new one but companies like Ecutesting repair them for a few hundred quid. Other thingvabout DSG is that oil and filter need changed every 40k miles. Cost is just under £200 at dealers. Also VW are favourable with goodwill out of warranty with DSG faults.
VW Scirocco GT (170), Rising Blue, 19" Black Lugano Style Pack, Leather, Panoramic Roof, Dynaudio, DAB, Xenons, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Badge Deletion

Viks

Viks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Budget !?

Viks

Viks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Don't think you'll get that spec for £10k ...not having a dig, being realistic !? If you do be very careful and check the car thoroughly....

Vik

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

As with all forum talk, there tends to be a focus on issues and faults. You wouln't buy any car if you read too much into forum discussion.

DSG, in my experience, is fantastic and really suits the V6. Drive both DSG and the manual and buy the one you prefer, not on what can go wrong. Most common fault with DSG is mechatronics unit and it's expensive to buy a new one but companies like Ecutesting repair them for a few hundred quid. Other thingvabout DSG is that oil and filter need changed every 40k miles. Cost is just under £200 at dealers. Also VW are favourable with goodwill out of warranty with DSG faults.

Yeh I think I need to test drive both again, it would be good if I could have them both for a day really, wonder if I could negotiate that with VW? Id be willing to pay for it. I dont mind having to pay extra to service the DSG, its just if anything goes wrong, from owning an Audi i know everytime something goes wrong its ££££££!

Cheers Cuprabob

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Cheers Vik, my budget is completely flexible depending upon the car, mileage, age etc. I just want to find the right one.

I think luckily for me it appears to be a buyers market out there at present which hasn't always been the case.

Have you ever used the AA or RAC for their comprehensive vehicle check overs or know anyone who has? It would be interesting to know what people thought of the service?

Benji26

Benji26

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1563 posts

Cheers Vik, my budget is completely flexible depending upon the car, mileage, age etc. I just want to find the right one.

I think luckily for me it appears to be a buyers market out there at present which hasn't always been the case.

Have you ever used the AA or RAC for their comprehensive vehicle check overs or know anyone who has? It would be interesting to know what people thought of the service?

Firstly, welcome bud. My mate used this service when he was buying his Scooby from England (I'm in N.I.) and he said it was excellent, a very thorough report came back and for a couple hundred quid it is real piece of mind.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

MkV DBP 3 door. DSG, Recaros, RNS510, iPod, Lux pack, Winter Pack, Parking sensors, sunroof, 19' BBS CH rims, pretty much every option you could add- gone :(((((

1995 Corrado VR6 Shadow blue- gone but not forgotten.

MkVI Golf GT TDI. Black, cream Alcantara. Gone.

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Cheers Benzo, they sound like they do a comprehensive check although its all visual, but like you say it a real peace of mind and they take the car out for a run also. Plus they throw in the HPI check and look over the service history too.

I just dont want it to be like a home buyers report on a house, surveyors really do pull your pants down!

Nochav

Nochav

• Members
  • 1043 posts
Should've bought my one and saved it going through what I've done too it. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search, the right one will turn up I'm sure, Matt

V6 XXR

V6 XXR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Cheers Matt! Haha I think your right, gutted I got to the end of your thread and still couldn't see the finished article! Il keep checking back for your next update. Fair play

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DPBR32, MKV, DSG, AUTOMATIC, SAT NAV, LEATHER, RECARO, LOW MILAGE, MILLTEK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.