Growing list of issues... - Performance and Technical - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

Growing list of issues...

MKIV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

imprinted

imprinted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland
are these all possibly related?

First problem appearing was my Lambda sensor light appearing on the dash. It's an intermittent fault that will disappear and reappear at random but clears when you disconnect the battery.

A short while later the interior "reading" lights that come on when you open the door but should dim once you start the ignition wouldn't go off. If you switched the right one on the left one would go out but if you did it the opposite way the right one stayed on. Pulling the bulbs caused the central light to stay on so I've pulled it as well.

and now the bloody boot won't unlock itself and the cylinder where you put the key doesn't let you get the key in so can't open it even manually. It did this once before but opened up the next day so thought it was just the cold giving me grief but I'm not so sure now.

Could it be an electronics issue/grounding fault?

This is really starting to annoy me, any suggestions? :(

Sabaselfsit

Sabaselfsit

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway
About the last; it is a common fault on the mk4. Dirt and moisture get into the lock cylinder and jam it up. I had the same thing. Undo the 2 philips screws on the inside of the boot...then pull the whole frame away from the door (should be some guides if needed, just search/google it). When the back cover is off you get access to the lock from the inside. I unscrewed it and had the lock cylinder apart and cleaned it and greased it up...then blocked the whole cylinder in the key hole end with a rubber gasket, and put silicon around the boot handle and around lock cylinder hole and put it all together again. So now I can only open the boot with key = but it is sealed from rain/dirt. :)
  • imprinted likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MKIV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.