Indy R32 - Page 2 - Members Rides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Indy R32

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

vag32

vag32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Got no spacers on there mate but 25 rear and 10 fount is a food set up. Bbs Im look so good on yours man do you have any other photos

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • LocationLeicester/Leeds

Looks nice buddy. I'm after some euro ones for mine. You going to dubs on the 26 th?

Hires my mate not much but it's getting there

I love yours mate, it looks so clean and well-looked after. I want my bodywork to look like yours.

And euro rears go so well on silver, as do US tbh.

I've actually taken of the US rears now and put on the poverty spec ones (1.4/1.6) the previous owner ran for years. I have to say it looks 100% better imo.

What width are the rear wheels buddy and what size spacers is it running? I have the same wheels in 18inch 8j width, wondered how much spacer you can get away with?

Adam.

Hey adam
I haven't actually looked to see what the rear width is but it's got no spacer so i'd assume 9.5J/10J. They're 19s as well.
Depends what kind of fitment you want, flush, poke, tuck? Let me know the ET and i can calculate what spacers you'd want?

Got no spacers on there mate but 25 rear and 10 fount is a food set up. Bbs Im look so good on yours man do you have any other photos

Thanks, lemme have a look for some.

Posted Image

.:R

ad_182_uk

ad_182_uk

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1523 posts
  • LocationLong Eaton, Nottingham
I think im 8j at et35 currently have a 15mm spacer and is around maybe 5mm max inside the arch. Looking to get it level/slightly pokey 5mm max outside arch (jus to make sure i dont go crunching the arch if i hit a bit of a bump)

I guess i shud jus go from 15mm to 20mm but then its alot of hassle/searchin/money for 5mm unless i can find some1 that wanted a swap lol.

Adam.

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts

I think im 8j at et35 currently have a 15mm spacer and is around maybe 5mm max inside the arch. Looking to get it level/slightly pokey 5mm max outside arch (jus to make sure i dont go crunching the arch if i hit a bit of a bump)

I guess i shud jus go from 15mm to 20mm but then its alot of hassle/searchin/money for 5mm unless i can find some1 that wanted a swap lol.

Adam.

If you can see it's 5mm within the arch then go maybe 20mm spacers is right.
Although on a lowered mk4 i'd be looking at a final ET of 15 with your specs (rolled arches of course)

Posted Image

ad_182_uk

ad_182_uk

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1523 posts
Starting of et35 + 20mm spacers would make et15 though correct? Im not on air sooo should b ok no arch rolling. Atm im all the way down on the kw v2's at the back and theres still a bit of a gap above the top of the tyre to get ur fingers in.
Ill ava look rnd for some 20mm spacers n then sell the 15mm hopefully not cost owt.

Adam.

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts

Starting of et35 + 20mm spacers would make et15 though correct? Im not on air sooo should b ok no arch rolling. Atm im all the way down on the kw v2's at the back and theres still a bit of a gap above the top of the tyre to get ur fingers in.
Ill ava look rnd for some 20mm spacers n then sell the 15mm hopefully not cost owt.

Adam.

You're right, my bad. I thought you were at ET 35 after the 15mm spacer.
You may want to arch roll just for when you meet bumps and dips in the road.
Heard good things about the KW's

Posted Image

vag32

vag32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

vag32

vag32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Sorry bud though you were on about. Mine lol

Fat Head

Fat Head

• Members
  • 4420 posts
  • LocationLeeds
beautiful car, you have bought a monster! in a good way
VW Golf Mk6 .:R, Rising Blue, Cruise Control, RNS510, 20" Vossen
Accuair E-Level air ride, twin compressors, 5 Gallon tank

Remote Key fob for e level, stealth boot build, Wide arches
BCS Powervalve Turbo back exhaust, Revo Intake, HPFP, Stage 2+ 362bhp

R32 Build Thread
Golf R Build Thread

Mike

Toffs

Toffs

.:R32OC Parking Attendant

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 4023 posts
I've enjoyed Dele's build thread and videos over the years.

Hmmm... Each to their own with regards to styling. I've never been a fan of the orange side repeaters and rear lights - replace them with stock or something less orange and I'll approve :) The rest of the car is pretty awesome.

Whilst the joystick gearstick was certainly different, I'm pleased to see it's back to stock - must be much more enjoyable to use!

The previous owner, Caroline, is/was a member - and her partner (MacDaddy) is an admin on here too, though not around too often as they both now own non R32 cars.

Enjoy :)

Toffs

• PaulW likes this
 0-60: 3.7sec                                            BHP: 450-500                        Torque: 700+ Nm                              Fun: Incalculable
gallery_2294_1980_2835.jpg gallery_2294_1980_8853.png gallery_2294_1980_12960.jpg gallery_2294_1980_20971.jpg

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts

beautiful car, you have bought a monster! in a good way

Thanks man

I've enjoyed Dele's build thread and videos over the years.

Hmmm... Each to their own with regards to styling. I've never been a fan of the orange side repeaters and rear lights - replace them with stock or something less orange and I'll approve :) The rest of the car is pretty awesome.

Whilst the joystick gearstick was certainly different, I'm pleased to see it's back to stock - must be much more enjoyable to use!

The previous owner, Caroline, is/was a member - and her partner (MacDaddy) is an admin on here too, though not around too often as they both now own non R32 cars.

Enjoy :)

Toffs

I appreciate your input but having had both on the car the orange suits the car perfectly imo
People dislike the orange due to the fact it makes the car look like a r32 rep but the US rears do not work whatsoever!
Aha i'd have had the joystick on the car but it never arrived from dele

Hopefully they see the car is still going strong, from their receipts they really did look after the car!

Today i gave the car a quick wash and dry, cleaned the wheels, dressed the tyres, 'Fast glassed' the glass and treated the rubber trim

Normally i use AG Shampoo but i've been dissapointed with the water marks left even when rinsing after washing every panel, so i tried some Triplewax Shampoo we had lying around. Much better results! Didn't need to wax as i already have 3-4 layers of DJ Purple Haze on.

Reflection from the rear panel

Posted Image

Also fitted my cupra r splitter - it now lays splitter on flat ground

Posted Image
  • West likes this

Posted Image

ad_182_uk

ad_182_uk

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1523 posts
Beautiful buddy. The little different subtle touches like the orange side blinkers just make it that bit dif. I try and do subtle things here and there on mine to make it that bit dif.

Tip for shampoo, try the Carlack stuff that comes in a litre yellow container. Works well and good value :)

I still really wanna know the full spec on your alloys and the spacer set-up etc as it sits real nice. Altho ill neva have air so wont ever quite get the same haha!

Adam.

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts
Cheers bud, still think it needs a respray in some areas :(

I'll have a look at that stuff. Just ordered £50 of interior cleaning stuff so my detailing budget is gone done for a while.

Thing to remember is the wheels camber in the lower you go so at your height my wheels would actually poke a fair bit.

Posted Image

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts
Posted Image

I have since polished the tailpipes

Posted Image

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso

Get those off!! :-)

:)

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts

Get those off!! :-)

But they look so much better :P

Posted Image

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso

But they look so much better :P

As long as you like :-)
  • AnDub likes this

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts

Keep or sell, hmm Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso
KEEP

ad_182_uk

ad_182_uk

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1523 posts
What are they?! Look beastly from the pic!

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16142 posts
  • LocationThurso

What are they?! Look beastly from the pic!

3sdm 0.06 directional staggered badboys
  • AnDub likes this

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts

3sdm 0.06 directional staggered badboys

Nailed it. Gonna pop them on next tuesday after my holiday.
  • PaulW likes this

Posted Image

dazr32

dazr32

Senior Citizen

• Members
  • 2624 posts
Incase nobody has posted this video up. It just shows how cool this and basically the R32 is.http://vimeo.com/17737660 absolutely quality video.
Posted Image

vamp r32

vamp r32

• Members
  • 727 posts
congrats...superb 32....simply stunning dude

ad_182_uk

ad_182_uk

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1523 posts

Nailed it. Gonna pop them on next tuesday after my holiday.

:o:o what u gna do wiv the bbs (other than swap them wiv me obvs) ;-)

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Haven't updated this in a while as there has simply been no updates. I've been back at uni for the last 3 weeks and this is my first weekend home. In fact i'm not even insured to drive the car anymore, i'm now crusing around in a golf mk5 due to worries the R32 would be vandalised/stolen in leeds.

The 3sdms sold last weekend so i have a bit of cash to play with but this will most likely be going in shares in an attempt to make a bit of cash to fund a full respray.

Having a few battery issues, dad took the car round two weekends ago for a spin. Went to drive it last weekend and it wouldn't start. Battery was dead. Greenflag dude said battery is shot and it was the wrong one so bought a new one at the local garage. They swapped it over then called this morning to say there is infact nothing wrong with the battery :fool: Som, will drop it off at the garage who have an electrician local they will call to come and investigate.

Might take a pic this afternoon for all you lucky souls.

Edited by AnDub, 02 April 2016 - 01:23 AM.

Posted Image

Andrew21

Andrew21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Gorgous car! needs more updates! lol would love to see those wheels on the car! did the 3sdm ever make it on before u sold it?

AnDub

AnDub

• Members
  • 804 posts
Was back from uni over the weekend for the first time since the new year.

I cleaned it on sunday, parked it in the garage then drove of back to uni in the daily.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still trying to figure out how to get my roll cage in it, despite coming out of a 3 door non-sunroof r32 it won't fit mine.

Posted Image

Bobobahia

Bobobahia

Long Member

• Members
  • 1093 posts
What's the daily?

jay26r

jay26r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
top shelf car mate ,looks the nuts
r-tech induction kit and remap with TIV map and no lift shift/blue flame none res cat back with gt100 style tips /u.s rear lights /20mm rear spacers/ fkcoilovers/poly dog mount/heko wind deflectors /glass rear wiper delete/ smaller rear sharan vw badge/powder coated r32 alloys with polished lip / vw wheel nut covers / full led interior lights /porsche oil and water caps/twin door led/ miles to empty and lit needles /jl audio speakers fron and rear/ and more to come.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.