R32 Mk4 Buyers guide - Page 3 - Tutorials and Guides - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

R32 Mk4 Buyers guide

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5489 posts
Missed out one colour that R32 was also available in:

Indigo Blue (pearlescent).

Also space saver wheel was not even an option. But many people (inc me) have retrofitted a space saver wheel (I got mine from an Audi TT). So don't be too suprised at what you find in the boot!

Also from about June 2003 onwards, factory ordered cars with Satnav could also came with the DSP sound package (which was an external Amp (nokia??) which powered uprated speakers. This amp lived in the boot, underneath the 6CD changer). Think that's a very rare option to find as it was like £1800 back in 2003!

matsu

matsu

• Members
  • 830 posts
Holy thread revival.
It's now October 2015. Are there any updates on buying the R's now we are a few years along from when this great guide was initiated please.

I,m in the market for one,although funds for a "better" one might not there till Feb.
Thank you for any future input?
Matsu

Dazzer1986

Dazzer1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi there I have just bought a gun metal grey factory coloured r32 does anyone know how many are left ?

shortstuff

shortstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Thank you!

Figures probably need updating now?

Prices range from about £12,000 for tatty & high mileage examples, up to £17000 for complete minters on dealer forecourts. Sellers usually think their R32s are worth more than they actaully are. Buying a 2003 model with 30-40k on the clock privately you should be looking to pay no more than £14,500 (maybe £15k if it has factory sat nav)

Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Looking through this for tips as I’m hoping to pick up a MK4 R32 very soon.  I wanted to ask if there was a common issue with steering racks and if this is something I need to look out for?  I can’t see much info on this.  Thanks

Gti Fly

Gti Fly

• Members
  • 5489 posts

Looking through this for tips as I’m hoping to pick up a MK4 R32 very soon. I wanted to ask if there was a common issue with steering racks and if this is something I need to look out for? I can’t see much info on this. Thanks

On MK4 there were no common issues with the rack, but you are buying an 18 year old car, so anything broken is possible of course

Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks for the reply.  Ok that’s good to know as I;be been struggling to get anything on this. Yes agreed such an old car so need to be wary. Example I’m looking seems well taken care of by it’s owners.  Serviced yearly and timing chains were done within the last 18 months. Only mods are the milltek and H&R lowering springs, but the owner said there was some knocking on the steering rack.  He’s getting it inspected this week so will see what turned up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.