SF03 EMD "CLOCKED" R32 - General Chat - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

SF03 EMD "CLOCKED" R32

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts
This has already been posted in the for sale section but i thought i would post it in the main area too as there seems to be a lot of people on the hunt for R's at the moment so wouldnt want anybody getting caught out with this one.

As some members on here will already know but Its been clocked and the seller isnt telling future buyers about it. Not to sure if he is the owner who is posting and talking about it in the bottom link, may have been sold on yet again since that guy?

The Ebay link to the car

http://www.ebay.co.u...id=513454951213

The link to the thread about all the clocking and history with the car.

https://www.r32oc.com...t-buy-this-car/

By all accounts this is Waynes old R. (sold way before any clocking)
  • SEFailliaxapirm, ToerryLox, Anthonynef and 1 other like this
Posted Image

Loads of mods but i cant be arsed to type them...........oh but its got a 3.2 V6!

R32_Wez

R32_Wez

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1704 posts
I saw this car when i was looking to buy an R32 over 6 months ago now, im sure i worked out with a bit of help from google and a past owner that the car is at least 30k wrong !

LEMON!

Wez

Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSolihull
http://www.autotrade...age/1?logcode=p

On Autotrader. I emailed them to say the car is clocked and now they have blocked the number plates out.
  • TwoCollieForThirty likes this

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts
Apparently a few have reported them to the trading standards.

That is NOT an honest car. I feel sorry for anyone who ends up buying it :?
Posted Image

Loads of mods but i cant be arsed to type them...........oh but its got a 3.2 V6!

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2161 posts

Apparently a few have reported them to the trading standards.

That is NOT an honest car. I feel sorry for anyone who ends up buying it :?

If we keep bumping this up then we should hopefully stop anyone on here or who joins here to look for a R32 from buying this one
  • TwoCollieForThirty likes this

Paul

Paul

Admin

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 9271 posts
How about we pin it so it stays at the top?
  • TwoCollieForThirty and Keyser Soze like this

Dodders

Dodders

• Moderators
  • 2161 posts

How about we pin it so it stays at the top?

Excellent idea
Do you have the technology? ;)

Paul

Paul

Admin

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 9271 posts
It's done :)

R32w4yn3

R32w4yn3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNorth East Lincolnshire
Can't believe I've just seen this thread. I was test driving this yesterday glad I never bought it
  • V6TOMMYGUN and N111K JS like this

VWR

VWR

• Members
  • 1138 posts
  • LocationBelfast

Can't believe I've just seen this thread. I was test driving this yesterday glad I never bought it

Lucky boy.
  • N111K JS likes this
MKV R32: DBP - DSG - 5 Door

JamieR 3.2

JamieR 3.2

• Members
  • 747 posts
I might get it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16141 posts
  • LocationThurso

I might get it

Haha
  • raiden likes this

:)

JamieR 3.2

JamieR 3.2

• Members
  • 747 posts

Haha

Someone needs to.. Then break it for parts to stop someone else buying it

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16141 posts
  • LocationThurso

Someone needs to.. Then break it for parts to stop someone else buying it

Good point well made. We should chip in for it and it could be the OC SHOW SLUT
  • eddgreen, S44 MDV and Ash-SA like this

alexmac

alexmac

• Members
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationDorset
The OC bicycle!

• S44 MDV likes this

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts
This is brilliant!!

Surely the trader selling this car is breaking the law by not disclosing its true mileage??
Posted Image

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts

What did the seller tell you about it and how does the service history read dude?
  • N111K JS likes this
Posted Image

S44 MDV

S44 MDV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationReading
Anyone know how far out the mileage is? Forever the optimist i am, anyone got a hunch what might actually wrong with the car? could be worth just going to see it, telling the guy you know it's clocked, offer him a shit load less not to tell the police, buy it, give a solid service & once over and look after it from there on?!

could be a win in there somewhere boys (and girls)!
you can probably find me on ebay or pistonheads....

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16141 posts
  • LocationThurso

Anyone know how far out the mileage is? Forever the optimist i am, anyone got a hunch what might actually wrong with the car? could be worth just going to see it, telling the guy you know it's clocked, offer him a shit load less not to tell the police, buy it, give a solid service & once over and look after it from there on?!

Clocked isn't the only reason. It's had a dodgy paint job, at least 10 keepers, a rattly clutch, an amazing amount of times this car has been for sale. R ownership should be a joy.

For 6k there's been beautiful cars pass through these doors! Honesty is king
  • S44 MDV likes this

R32w4yn3

R32w4yn3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

What did the seller tell you about it and how does the service history read dude?

He showed me 2 papers on it, 1 was Awesome GTI with ecu upgrade, and the other was Miltek exhaust £900 ish was going to show me more after we got back from test drive but I was put off with his attitude when we got back so I left it

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts

He showed me 2 papers on it, 1 was Awesome GTI with ecu upgrade, and the other was Miltek exhaust £900 ish was going to show me more after we got back from test drive but I was put off with his attitude when we got back so I left it

His website says all cars are HPI checked? I cant work that bit out lol.

He probably had an attitude because so many people have told him its clocked. I hate traders like this :wacko:
Posted Image

TwoCollieForThirty

TwoCollieForThirty

• Members
  • 3392 posts

Like Cheempej has said there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many thing wrong with it!!

From what i remember the R32 seats were also missing at some point and had been replaced with gti leathers. It now has some R32 seats back in it.

Literally probably the most dishonest R32 out there on the road today, for sale or not for sale, its a wrong'un!!
  • S44 MDV likes this
Posted Image

R32w4yn3

R32w4yn3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
It was strange a mechanic coming out with me when I test drove it yesterday. Also when I got back I asked him what he would take for it cash, and he said £5800 and wouldn't go lower. Really gutted, because I was hoping to trade my Stage1 mk1 LCR in for one but should be grateful I never then because of this "Lemon" Guess I will have to keep looking now

sie b

sie b

• Members
  • 697 posts
On their website it says after investigation there is a mileage discrepancy.

The garage is less than 5 minutes from my house
  • Macdaddy© likes this

R32w4yn3

R32w4yn3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
That recent added then....And they will have no choice to put this after visits,calls,and Emails...Really wanted this car but it's a "Lemon" so better not touch it :(

Macdaddy©

Macdaddy©

Loyal Member

• Administrators
  • 4541 posts
You'd want this car until you got to park it along side another R32 in the DPB and realised how different the colour is!

It's been round the block this car and want avoiding unless you get it for 3k and have money to spend on getting it right!
Posted Image

www.audirs3oc.com

Macdaddy©

Macdaddy©

Loyal Member

• Administrators
  • 4541 posts

It was strange a mechanic coming out with me when I test drove it yesterday. Also when I got back I asked him what he would take for it cash, and he said £5800 and wouldn't go lower. Really gutted, because I was hoping to trade my Stage1 mk1 LCR in for one but should be grateful I never then because of this "Lemon" Guess I will have to keep looking now

Already reduced down to £5500 which is still about £1500 more than it should go for !
Posted Image

www.audirs3oc.com

R32w4yn3

R32w4yn3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I am not touching this mate, just waiting now until sell mine and save a bit of spare cash for a decent one :-)

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16141 posts
  • LocationThurso

Already reduced down to £5500 which is still about £1500 more than it should go for !

That's an nice R32 ;)

L_O_Z

L_O_Z

Hard to reMember

• Members
  • 4500 posts

That's an nice R32 ;)

Your an Barsterd
  • R8B WG and PaulW like this
MKV Golf R32 - 58 plate (Dec 2008) - 15,700 miles - DSG - DPB - Vienna Leather Seats - Luxury Pack - Winter Pack - Parking Pack - RNS510 SatNav/DVD - VW Bluetooth - 10 Speaker Upgrade - Electric Glass Sunroof - Cruise Control - Front Centre Armrest - Electric Lumbar Support - Highline Computer - Multi Function Steering Wheel - Rear Airbags - Foot well & puddle lights - VW warranty - Service/MOT pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.