dunndeal12 Scammer! - For Sale - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

dunndeal12 Scammer!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

charlie1

charlie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon
I bought a PS3 from dunndeal12, and paid by online bank transfer to his account.

He sent me a pair of old boots, not a PS3. I've contacted him by PM but no reply yet.

I'd be keen to hear if anyone has bought anything from him successfully (on the off chance that this is an innocent mix up). Or if you've had a similar experience, please let me know.

It feels like a scam and I feel a bit stupid. But on the other hand, it seems weird that someone would pay £8.26 postage on sending rubbish by special delivery (and leaving a trail). Looking at his other posts this does seem out of character.

Mods - please could you dig out the deleted thread where he advertised the PS3? It has been deleted.

Thanks
Charlie
  • Doro lDor, Mikefoelf and PamelaDag like this

TraceyBaby67

TraceyBaby67

• Members
  • 1065 posts
No way mate. I bought a camera off him and he's a top bloke. Don't think its fair that you name him on the open forum either. Have you contacted him? It will be a simple mistake as I know he had a few items up for sale.

charlie1

charlie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon
Ok, thanks for your reply. Yes - I have contacted him by PM but no reply.

Yeah, I did think about it before I posted his username, but I didn't post his personal details (name, address, bank account details etc.)

I'd be happy to remove this and apologise if it is a simple mix up.

Charlie

TraceyBaby67

TraceyBaby67

• Members
  • 1065 posts
Far does mate. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Toffs

Toffs

.:R32OC Parking Attendant

• .:R32OC Contributor
  • 4023 posts
W00t - no way...

He was sending me my boots I'd left and he'd picked up - but I've got this nice PS3 instead.

I'm keeping this !!!!! :D

• PaulW likes this
 0-60: 3.7sec                                            BHP: 450-500                        Torque: 700+ Nm                              Fun: Incalculable
gallery_2294_1980_2835.jpg gallery_2294_1980_8853.png gallery_2294_1980_12960.jpg gallery_2294_1980_20971.jpg

Paul

Paul

Admin

• 9271 posts
he has sold the same PS3 to at least 2 people up to now and neither has received it.

I have PM'd the 2 people involved....anyone else bought it as well
  • Anakin likes this

Zig

Zig

Semi-Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4197 posts
  • LocationWest Mids
I bought an I phone off him. All good.

Paul

Paul

Admin

• 9271 posts
do you have any contact details for him ?

Zig

Zig

Semi-Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4197 posts
  • LocationWest Mids
[email protected]

His email

TraceyBaby67

TraceyBaby67

• Members
  • 1065 posts
I went to his house to pick up the camera he had for sale. I hope its just a mix up.

Paul

Paul

Admin

• 9271 posts
He has sold the same PS3 to 2 different people...one got a pair of old boots...the other got a box with old clothes in...

Can you PM me the address you went to

TraceyBaby67

TraceyBaby67

• Members
  • 1065 posts

He has sold the same PS3 to 2 different people...one got a pair of old boots...the other got a box with old clothes in...

Can you PM me the address you went to

PM'd mate.

sparkz

sparkz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I was the one who purchased the same item.
Same procedure. Paid money directly into his account. Said he didn't have Paypal.
I got a package, badly packaged, containing some old clothes.
This in my opinion is definitely a scam.
Its fair enough sending out a pair of boots by mistake if he sold only ONE playstation, but to send 2 packages out to 2 separate people is no coincidence. He was paid twice, was a coincidence too? I don't think so.
People might think well, why bother sending out a package? the answer to that is quite simple. To protect himself. He could quite easily say that the buyer i.e Me or Charlie1 switched the contents. He's got a receipt from Royal Mail saying he sent an item.
I sent him a message via text, I didn't get a response. He seems to frequent the forum fairly regularly, so why not explain the "mix up?"
  • PaulW likes this
Back to square one.....

sparkz

sparkz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
And just to add, the same person has been done by the police for the same type of thing before.

http://www.thisissta...l#axzz2ecaDCybD
Back to square one.....

charlie1

charlie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon
Just to follow up, I've reported this to the police and Action Fraud.

Thanks everyone for your input.
  • 32 tom and cmsr32 like this

sparkz

sparkz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
And as my follow up I am reporting to the police also.
Back to square one.....

Anakin

Anakin

Loyal Member

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts
gah just spotted this, well done paulie lets get him banned from here for starters
MK V DPB 3 Door R32 DSG - Gone
Candy White Scirocco R - Gone
Solar Orange TT RS here

Paul

Paul

Admin

• 9271 posts

gah just spotted this, well done paulie lets get him banned from here for starters

He can not log into his account Neil

Zig

Zig

Semi-Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4197 posts
  • LocationWest Mids
Wow I feel lucky I recived my goods from him!!

damop

damop

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • LocationDevon
guys if it helps, the police dont generally deal with fraud anymore. As one member has already done contact action fraud :

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk
  • Lucifer likes this
MDI Armrest & Glovebox kits

MDI looms , iPod, USB & lightening Iphone 5 leads

Armrests, cloth and leather

Retro fit Armrest 6 CD changer/Ipod dock kits

PaulW

PaulW

Cannot reMember

• Administrators
  • 16141 posts
  • LocationThurso
Any news?

:)

M7NUP

M7NUP

• Members
  • 1332 posts
No way that's where my carbon wings came from went to his house to get them top bloke had no issues what so ever invited me in his home have his address

Posted Image
  • S1eanski likes this

MIQ

MIQ

King In The North

• Moderators
  • 13964 posts
  • LocationUK

No way that's where my carbon wings came from went to his house to get them top bloke had no issues what so ever invited me in his home have his address

That's 30 mins from me, I actually know exactly where that is

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

Fifth Gear .:R32 Review - Click Link

https://www.youtube....h?v=E0rrr1Emvjs

I can be rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Eats Kitty Litter

• Members
  • 7276 posts
  • LocationCullompton Devon
A sticky should be made about Craig Ross https://www.facebook...ss.9212?fref=ts as he is another scamming little scumb bag. Wish he was only 30 minutes away from me. :diablo:

820 bhp turbo Mk4 Golf R32. Still wanting more power . 
MK4/5 Tubular manifolds,down pipes, de-cats,sport cats plus full exhaust system always for sale please PM me for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.