C38 Rotrex Kit Info..... - Page 3 - Forced Induction - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Photo
- - - - -

C38 Rotrex Kit Info.....

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Im reviving this as i have run out of searching. And most of it is outdated now. Many a people are telling me not to bother with FI on my R with the lack of help here in Aus its possible i might throw the towel in on this. 

Last effort my target is 400bhp. I originally planned to make my kit based on the C38-92 charger with meth injection. To accommodate this i was set to get the short block done so forged pistons, rods, cnc port, valvetrain etc. I know at that target might be overkill but want its robust enough to handle additional boost. 

I noticed TVS have theirs on the belt side and RUF is the opposite running off a shaft. I do prefer the rotrex as the RUF is almost a completely different charger when going stage I-III and i will be doing the work in stages.  

I hunted the forums but couldn't find a pic of the TVS kit as they are very secretive on its placement and setup but I gather it might be direct from rortex not there own design? I know there pully is propriety?

So please if anyone can help me get a bracket or at least point me in the right direction to buy parts in bulk so i can start with the build thats been 5 years in the making 

Afternoon,

Feel free to check out the website as we have FI kits going to USA/Australia and even NZ currently. Feel free to email and we can answer any questions you might have.

www.rushworthperformance.com

www.facebook.com/rushworthperformance

Cheers

Matt

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

• Guests

Hi Matt 

email sent we have much to discuss, 

Thanks to fellow members for letting me revive this thread

• Guests
Update I ended up chatting to TVS for some info was recommended going turbo as stage 3 supercharger kits was told by them results in breaking crankshafts. At the moment the plan is to rebuild the entire engine so don’t see this as a problem as I would use a MK4 crank which I’m told is stronger? So I’m basically back to square one with adopting a rotrex charger as I can’t get a pulley and bracket system from TVS by itself. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iooroiidvd

iooroiidvd

• Members
  • 698 posts
Doesn't sound right to me, never heard of a crankshaft brraking and the different power deliveries of turbo vs super would imply that turbo would be more likely to break something like that surely if it was a weak point?

• Guests
Exactly right? Tvs are a reputable company which surprised me they said go turbo and not a stage 3 supercharger option. I know there are other competitors that support the rotrex setup pushing 500hp and not broken a crankshaft. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R32_AL

R32_AL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Anyone have info on the rotrex c38r? from what Iv read it was supposed to be released last year but it doesn’t appear to have happened.

mattdub

mattdub

Loyal Member

• Members
  • 1279 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Anyone have info on the rotrex c38r? from what Iv read it was supposed to be released last year but it doesn’t appear to have happened.

Its available to purchase, £3000 all in.

7b3788_fa526ad09a354d58b8937ea5800aa003~

- ROTREX KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOTH C30 AND C38 MK 4 PLATFORMS (MK 5 IN DEVELOPMENT!)

- HEAD SPACER KITS FOR 2.8/2.9/3.2 ENGINES

- CUSTOM FRONT CRASH BAR SOLUTIONS WITH BIG COOLERS

NUKE PERFORMANCE DEALER - R32OC MEMBERS DISCOUNT

CONTACT - [email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r32oc.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on r32oc.com is generated by its users. r32oc.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.